• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Death of multiple man

Who?

Jamie Madrox = Multiple man...... basically when he get's hit he multiplies.... his body, and splits into two...... he also was a character in the movies :foryou: 

https://www.google.com/search?client=avast&q=x-men+multiple+man

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Jamie Madrox = Multiple man...... basically when he get's hit he multiplies.... his body, and splits into two...... he also was a character in the movies :foryou: 

https://www.google.com/search?client=avast&q=x-men+multiple+man

I was looking for a laugh but I do remember him in the movies.  Went down pretty fast to Sabretooth if I recall.  Maybe he was brpther to the Wonder Twins given the extent of his powers.

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:

I stand corrected, the character I was thinking about was John Wraith (Kestral) from X-Men Origins.  Tough panel although I'll take death of Elektra all day every day.

dthmltplmn.jpeg

lol ya, I think Jamie Madrox was the first "death" I read after Superman. I was excited to see Marvel do it, although my collecting as a kid was something of a "random issue" thing ha

On 9/3/2020 at 9:17 PM, Corona smith said:

I was speaking of all the other books. I understand that those specific Spider-Man issues have bee explained. The following is a hulk book. Why does it say Wolverine? This is just one example of many. 

D215D3C6-C5BF-4F98-BE2D-DCA6B180C351.jpeg

Seriously, I too am wondering if there's any logical reasoning behind the different names placed near the UPC barcode on modern Marvel Newsstand editions. I mean why put "Marvel Classics" near the barcode for this "The Invincible Iron Man" issue 17? Ummm....is it supposed to be a classic?:S

IronMan17_newsie.jpg

well I was a sucker lol 

I bought ASM #603 9.8 newsie on the bay for full price, that cover looks like the girl from Natural Born Killers someone said LoL

And Number 559, which at least is a 1st app and is the only on the census, but it's a 9.2 

so dark side, doh!

Bright side? 

They'll be here Tuesday! :x :banana: 

rantrant:tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Maybe someone can help. I’m seeing these Avenging Spider-Man #10’s Newsstands online and it definitely looks like stickers were placed over the regular barcode. Anyone have any info as I’ve never seen a marvel book like these? Or so we have some shady sellers? 3 different copies with different sellers. 

9A2A8140-6122-40F2-9E74-68DF5AEAE24D.png

91204906-2E95-4396-B1C7-6F3EEB40C817.jpeg

8503F8DC-70B5-4523-A620-FC6696C51B88.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Maybe someone can help. I’m seeing these Avenging Spider-Man #10’s Newsstands online and it definitely looks like stickers were placed over the regular barcode. Anyone have any info as I’ve never seen a marvel book like these? Or so we have some shady sellers? 3 different copies with different sellers. 

9A2A8140-6122-40F2-9E74-68DF5AEAE24D.png

91204906-2E95-4396-B1C7-6F3EEB40C817.jpeg

8503F8DC-70B5-4523-A620-FC6696C51B88.jpeg

see this on 90s books..