• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,009 posts in this topic

Some more Tim Sale action

IMG_1571.jpg IMG_1780.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 3:24 PM, BishopT said:

Mark Bagley. I’m sure it doesn’t help the desirability of the book much, but hey, it was cheap.

That signature doesn't even resemble Mark Bagley's, check out my graded ASM 361 cgc signature series a few posts above your post.

13 hours ago, ak47po said:

That signature doesn't even resemble Mark Bagley's, check out my graded ASM 361 cgc signature series a few posts above your post.

It's 100% a Bagley type signature. Just because it doesn't look like his signature now, doesn't mean it wasn't his sig back in the 90's/early 2000s. 

I obviously can't say it's definitely real but he hasn't always signed the way he does now. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

If any of you guys have any December 2013 Marvel newsstands and would like to contribute to the gathering below by all means dive in :foryou:

Maybe it's already been done by someone....

19 hours ago, PROVOST said:

My newest arrival via LCS in the mail - 

SSeJfqFp_o.jpg

This thread is for newsstand comics which typically are indicated by having a a different type of bar code.  I love me some jim lee, but this comic is not appropriate for this thread.  I’d say very rarely if ever are comics that literally have ‘variant’ written on the cover going to be newsstand comics.

6 hours ago, revat said:

This thread is for newsstand comics which typically are indicated by having a a different type of bar code.  I love me some jim lee, but this comic is not appropriate for this thread.  I’d say very rarely if ever are comics that literally have ‘variant’ written on the cover going to be newsstand comics.

looks like it might have come from a comic pack

On 9/14/2020 at 7:33 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Someone started a thread about a Secret Defenders issue with the same situation. Apparently the wrong price was printed to they added a sticker.

That was me - Secret Defenders 7.