• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2020 at 10:09 PM, littledoom said:

Issue 12 sold for $100 raw on eBay the other day.. these are good newsstands to own

What? Shiiiiiiiiiiiit I have to go dig some out! Definitely been an uptick with the newsies. Sold one of my Tec 880 9.6s the other day. Good to see people getting in to it.

thinking about taking a day off work and dumping a ton on eBay or a Facebook auction to see what’s what.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, peterm12772 said:

This is one I have found very tough to find. Thinking it's going to be a good one to have when the movie comes around.

IMG_20201105_094600661.thumb.jpg.0a932b28369d2bc5a8b33c58fd5847bc.jpg

Just found my second. I've only seen 3 so far. Would love to see some more from anyone elses collection.

Received an email from one of the hard to find comics website and they agreed it was possibly one of the harder books to obtain do to the time of it's release because of the newsstand shortage. Making it less accessible and returning the unwanted ones as well as having it it decent condition because they were handled so much. Also the possible future key issue of the first meeting between Peter and Miles. 

Should have taken pics but

Saw a dark horse conan 20  newsstand it wasnt a price variant

And also

A captain America secret avengers one shot Newsstand wasn't a price variant 

meh

Even at cover price and with cool covers I left them

:sorry:

1 hour ago, paqart said:
On 10/16/2019 at 4:03 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

I pretty much only collect moderns

20191015_221344.jpg

20191003_233154.jpg

Where are the newsstands?

is this like the world's nerdiest game of Where's Waldo?

17 minutes ago, paqart said:

I just got these three fine newsstand editions in the mail, the day before Thanksgiving. Note the Thor #19 and its $1.99 price. Took awhile to find that.

Thor 199.jpg

Nice ASM books regardless, but the newsstand is even nicer.