• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,014 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Picked about 250 post-2000 Marvel newsies out of the dollar bins at a junk shop today. I only made it halfway through the store stock, no reason to think there aren't another 200 or more for the picking tomorrow!

hm

4 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Picked about 250 post-2000 Marvel newsies out of the dollar bins at a junk shop today. I only made it halfway through the store stock, no reason to think there aren't another 200 or more for the picking tomorrow!

Well, let’s see em. I’ve gotta start buying books in person instead of everything online. 

47 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

78003C89-C720-4A53-99E6-C20348A3E6AF.jpeg

Wow such a great key to have in NS.. that's when a small key really becomes a big book... Loved those X-Men Hidden Years comics in my formative years.. that Kaare Andrews ASM cover is epic.. I remember owning cover that in the early 2000s as a TPB...those Marvel Tales flipbooks are undervalued.. some key issues reprinted in that series although majority of that title was available in newsstand so they're not hard to find although they're still unique as flipbooks

whatever happened to Mike Mayhew? he was a hot cover artist in the 2000s.

10 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Mayhew  just did a beautiful high republic store variant. 

D28D6F18-1FCF-483B-80A3-3F5267B6F21F.jpeg

Yeah I remember he did a classic looking Detective 1000 & 1027 store exclusive variants with male and female Batman villains... seems that's majority of his work .. variants and gaming..

image_8dcd5d01-218c-4d4b-8241-956565b925

7-ate-9-comics-comic-detective-comics-10

Edited by littledoom