• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Those books bring back some memories :cloud9:

I decided to wax nostalgic and was buying new books exclusively from a corner store near my house during that time.  They carried ASM, PPSS, X-men & Wolverine:cloud9:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 7/31/2020 at 9:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I'm really falling down on the job

These came back in my modern cgc sub.....

Only ones on the census..... a$4.99 and a $3.99

2020_07_21 11_43 AM Office Lens.jpg

Well got this mechanical error fixed

From plural to singular in a flash of lightning 

Thunders to thunder 

2021_02_19 6_42 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Speaking of multiple copies:   I'm betting most of us would rather lose an arm than sell our newsstand copies, however, what about swapping our multiples?   Sorry if this topic has been brought up before (I joined very recently)  --but I would be interested, please ping me if interested as well.  

2 hours ago, George Brent said:

Speaking of multiple copies:   I'm betting most of us would rather lose an arm than sell our newsstand copies, however, what about swapping our multiples?   Sorry if this topic has been brought up before (I joined very recently)  --but I would be interested, please ping me if interested as well.  

I think I'd be willing to trade. I hate the idea of selling or trading singles because I don't know when I'd see them again but I bought all the doubles specifically to trade or sell. To be more explicit, I set out to recreate my comic collection from when I was a kid in the seventies (forced to sell in 1979). Repurchasing it is too expensive for me because I had too many very expensive comics. That said, newsstand editions looked like a way to maximize trade value due to their rarity, so I started buying those instead, figuring every dollar spent on a seventies comic would yield a dollar's worth of value, but on newsstand editions, would bring multiples of that.

I have been sorting through some of my boxes and collection and came across these. Although they are not full books they are really cool preliminary modern Newsstand Covers!20210223_210935.thumb.jpg.72f5b260bc238595b02b9d88e67bf2e5.jpg20210223_210926.thumb.jpg.16d57ae5c7591151250463f6243f9c04.jpg