• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,003 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Here’s a few out of the small pile I picked up yesterday. The Bullseye was a surprise to me I didn’t think the Marvel Knights line was on the newsstands. 

373C555A-80F0-4B6B-A5AF-10C6B03CA469.jpeg

1CB488CC-8A5F-41F3-8970-36C21B2A9A90.jpeg

3537E076-353C-45D6-9F29-D6BCDF78ED49.jpeg

6FC975E2-86F1-436B-AF1D-BED400548443.jpeg

080D46AE-CB3C-4CE3-A3B9-C0E148D766B1.jpeg

FB1A3340-A1F8-42D4-9A33-4C0D8239710F.jpeg

That GS Wolverine Ive never seen a copy very good find. 

The DC vs Marvel I do see from time to time and I sell a complete set
for good money.

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

If it’s available tomorrow I’m going to buy it. 

image.thumb.png.20c268940c121e7b2fa5e85dc601cdd1.pngPretty Ominous 666 post, don don don! lol 

but I went ahead and snagged it because it was a 9.4, I own #608 Newsstand in 9.4 as well (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

image.thumb.png.20c268940c121e7b2fa5e85dc601cdd1.pngPretty Ominous 666 post, don don don! lol 

but I went ahead and snagged it because it was a 9.4, I own #608 Newsstand in 9.4 as well (thumbsu 

Expand  

Congratulations!

It was a tough decision 

Cause I have a 9.6 #609 already and etc. And a vg newsie #609

But idk, I had limited funds in PayPal and was already looking for something in this price range so idk lol

Guess I need to work on 9.6 direct #608  :insane:

But it was carefully considered and I picked up a new ASM Newsstand raw that will be here next week so, it fits the theme  ^^

For this week....

3800108_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Found these at a Peddler's Mall for $1. At first I was excited to find a newsstand, and then I realized that they're barcode stickers on top of the direct box. So I nearly left them behind. Then I remembered that in one of these threads (can't recall if it was this one, or the MHU thread, and am too lazy to backtrack) someone was talking about stickered Spawn's selling well, so I figured for a buck, I may as well pick them up. Didn't find any completed sales, just one listing with an ask of $129, which seems absurd. I may throw them up for a buck plus shipping and see if they do anything, just for kicks.  

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

This one is like a boomerang it came back to my possession after 4 year,same copy,i wonder should i send it for slabbing at cgc20210316_191722.thumb.jpg.f7b5cd078f10e183ac37c783fad46cbd.jpg

That is awesome.  Congratulations! It is all in personal preference, but yours does look in good shape. I would probably have it graded. Mine is signed by Jim Lee, but is raw and due to this , have not had it graded as it would get their Qualified Label. 

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Found these at a Peddler's Mall for $1. At first I was excited to find a newsstand, and then I realized that they're barcode stickers on top of the direct box. So I nearly left them behind. Then I remembered that in one of these threads (can't recall if it was this one, or the MHU thread, and am too lazy to backtrack) someone was talking about stickered Spawn's selling well, so I figured for a buck, I may as well pick them up. Didn't find any completed sales, just one listing with an ask of $129, which seems absurd. I may throw them up for a buck plus shipping and see if they do anything, just for kicks.  

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

They are a good find. Like you said the stickered can be hit or miss. I wouldn't do the $1 plus as they may not end up in front of the buyer who would actually pay for them as these look genuine.  ( The EN in the barcode was used by book sellers usually Walden and Barnes and Noble) I would list them at a higher buy it now with best offer. See who bites.  Congratulations.  

19 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They are a good find. Like you said the stickered can be hit or miss. I wouldn't do the $1 plus as they may not end up in front of the buyer who would actually pay for them as these look genuine.  ( The EN in the barcode was used by book sellers usually Walden and Barnes and Noble) I would list them at a higher buy it now with best offer. See who bites.  Congratulations.  

Thanks bud! Wasn't aware of the relevance of the EN, much appreciated! I may just sit on them for a bit, since I don't have anything in them. They're at least kind of unusual!

26 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks bud! Wasn't aware of the relevance of the EN, much appreciated! I may just sit on them for a bit, since I don't have anything in them. They're at least kind of unusual!

You are welcome. 

4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Anybody who pays a premium for stickers is absolutely insane. Do they think it's hard to copy them or something?

While I do understand your point. I am sure there are those who think paying $100 for a comic is crazy , when you could read it online for less, or on the upper end paying $3.2 for an Action Comic #1 , when you can get a reprint for a few bucks. I know this is like comparing apples and oranges, but you get the idea. 

Sure someone can try to copy these stickers, but there are actually only a few distributors who placed these back then. Most of them have a certain consistency and color as well as the code itself.  These can usually be distinguished by those who do actually collect them,  and they are a part of the history of these books. Especially now that the newsstand has ceased.  Similar to date stamps.  They all have their followers and their niche.  

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite