• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,015 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I’ve owned a couple of those and I think I sold both for $50

What grade were they? Raw I assume but an estimated grade that you sold for $50?

10 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

If I recall correctly, when CGC first opened Modern tier was 1980 and was moved back to 1975 at a later date.

Wasn't it originally 1975, then changed for a little while, then changed back?

wow @onlyweaknesskryptonite I had never seen that king size she-hulk before lol any of these newsstand price editions? meaning different price than their direct counter parts? :wishluck: 

still quite the haul, sometimes I've ignored issues that weren't priced editions, but that is the fun of the hunt :headbang: these look in decent shape too!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

wow @onlyweaknesskryptonite I had never seen that king size she-hulk before lol any of these newsstand price editions? meaning different price than their direct counter parts? :wishluck: 

still quite the haul, sometimes I've ignored issues that weren't priced editions, but that is the fun of the hunt :headbang: these look in decent shape too!

To be honest I do not know if they are or not. I was just trying to make it through all of their boxes before they  closed for the night. I originally went just to get some bags and boards as I ran out getting a submission ready to send in. Ended up buying a short box full of books, 4 BCW plastic bins( they sold me some for $10 each) and the supplies I originally intended.  Most of them were in decent shape. Thank you!

3 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

To be honest I do not know if they are or not. I was just trying to make it through all of their boxes before they  closed for the night. I originally went just to get some bags and boards as I ran out getting a submission ready to send in. Ended up buying a short box full of books, 4 BCW plastic bins( they sold me some for $10 each) and the supplies I originally intended.  Most of them were in decent shape. Thank you!

Don't know about the others, but I can verify that King-Size Hulk is a price variant (and probably the only time I've ever seen something with $6.99 cover price, newsstand or otherwise - just seems like an odd number). I think it's an undervalued book in general as it includes full reprints of IH 180 & 181. Nice find!

IMG_4483.thumb.jpg.387922ea26a61c3f9c4e82fd7418499a.jpg

38 minutes ago, andyborehol said:

Don't know about the others, but I can verify that King-Size Hulk is a price variant (and probably the only time I've ever seen something with $6.99 cover price, newsstand or otherwise - just seems like an odd number). I think it's an undervalued book in general as it includes full reprints of IH 180 & 181. Nice find!

That is awesome.  Thank you for the information I appreciate it. 

17 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

It had two open order covers one by Art Adams the other by Frank Cho. Any I’ve run across have both covers in different orders. That’s also the first newsstand I’ve seen of it. 

That’s how it came. Bought both covers (which were double covers) when they hit the LCS shelf! 

5 hours ago, andyborehol said:

Cool!

IIRC, only the direct editions are double covers. Is that right? The newsstands should all be single covers.