• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,009 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2020 at 9:57 AM, Corona smith said:

So I’m adding this lying pos to the blocked list thread as well. This one claimed to mail the the package at 6:30AM inside the post office inside the secure drop box. He also stated it was on 7/2 then switched it to 7/1.  USPS investigated and determined he was full of .  Another sellers remorse and I’m getting sick of eBay continuing to allow  this and still be able to sell. My best guess is he didn’t realize the newsstands are  rare and figured he could get more than the $120 I paid for the set. I even told him I only wanted the newsstands and he could keep the rest. I went even further stating I only wanted #2. He stuck with he shipped it though. Issued a full refund but I’ve only seen 1 copy of BP2 in newsstand. 

One of the book that I sold recently (a double cover Avengers 294) was dropped off at the post office, and, as with other packages once they're secure at the post office, was forgotten about. A few days later I got a message from the buyer asking when I would be shipping it. I checked the tracking, and sure enough, there was no record of it having been received (even though I handed it to a post office employee at the window. Eventually it did get to the buyer, and then all of the tracking info popped up, but for a few days I thought it had been discarded somewhere. Granted that it was only about 5 days, not 2 weeks, but maybe give it a little time.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

One of the book that I sold recently (a double cover Avengers 294) was dropped off at the post office, and, as with other packages once they're secure at the post office, was forgotten about. A few days later I got a message from the buyer asking when I would be shipping it. I checked the tracking, and sure enough, there was no record of it having been received (even though I handed it to a post office employee at the window. Eventually it did get to the buyer, and then all of the tracking info popped up, but for a few days I thought it had been discarded somewhere. Granted that it was only about 5 days, not 2 weeks, but maybe give it a little time.

Hey, if I get them I’ll be ecstatic. So much so that I’ll pay him extra. One thing I’ve learned is get a receipt when dropping off your packages. If you have the receipt itself the post office is at fault. 

4 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Hey, if I get them I’ll be ecstatic. So much so that I’ll pay him extra. One thing I’ve learned is get a receipt when dropping off your packages. If you have the receipt itself the post office is at fault. 

After that instance, I decided that I should. The only problem with that is that recently there's been a line for the window, so it's easier to drop stuff in the chute. But for pricey books I think it'll be worth it to get the receipt.

14 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

After that instance, I decided that I should. The only problem with that is that recently there's been a line for the window, so it's easier to drop stuff in the chute. But for pricey books I think it'll be worth it to get the receipt.

My post office rarely has a line and is filled with beautiful women. I don’t mind waiting one bit when I have to wait in line. 

21 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

It's also has a $2.99 price tag vs $2.25 for the Direct Edition. 

It also has a Curtis logo and number that the Direct edition doesn't have.

:whatthe: It must be a Curtis variant!

47 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Valiant newsies in the 25 cent box! I just wish they were the later Bloodshot issues haha...

BF91ECE4-F62E-4F31-9F7C-D15B08A01872.jpeg

11ECCD2C-9092-4D3F-89AE-D893BC98EA1F.jpeg

Nice! is the 57 an error copy or corrected? (the interior pages were assembled out of order)

On 7/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, Lazyboy said:

They did distribute to the direct market as well. Or from what I can gather they did. 

22 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

They did distribute to the direct market as well. Or from what I can gather they did. 

Curtis? They were a newsstand distributor. That said, there was nothing stopping comic shops from dealing with newsstand distributors if they wanted to do so, and some did.

29 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Curtis? They were a newsstand distributor. That said, there was nothing stopping comic shops from dealing with newsstand distributors if they wanted to do so, and some did.

Learn new stuff every day.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, Lazyboy said:

I’d consider it just a regular newsstand edition. As I was educated recently on true newsstand price variants and have changed my vocabulary accordingly. 

14 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I’d consider it just a regular newsstand edition. As I was educated recently on true newsstand price variants and have changed my vocabulary accordingly. 

I was just :baiting: mr_highgrade because he too often refers to them as price variants. :gossip: