• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,014 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Thanks bro. Never read as far as I know. I’d CGC them if I knew the label would note “newsstand”. For that matter does the CGC census break out newsstand for any books?  How about GPA?

No to all lol I've not seen them with any notation and I've seen them slabbed, no price variation, I don't think different kind of newsprint... etc

and No the GPA doesn't break out to my knowledge, GoCollect.com doesn't seem to list any newsstands period either...maybe a little on gocollect, but not ones I've seen that DO have label notation...etc

Same with TEC #880 and Power Girl #27 :) seemingly nothing noted yet :shy: 

if there is no price difference then cgc will not note the difference between newsstand and direct editions.

which is why Power Girl 27 and Tec880 do not get the same differentiation as ASM607 newsstand 

16 minutes ago, devald said:

if there is no price difference then cgc will not note the difference between newsstand and direct editions.

which is why Power Girl 27 and Tec880 do not get the same differentiation as ASM607 newsstand 

I've heard that if there is a "key factor" like different type material, such as newsprint of lower quality to make the Newsstand edition, that they will put "newsstand" on the label, at least it is true for the Copper Age :foryou: not too sure if they used lower quality paper for "moderns" ......

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've heard that if there is a "key factor" like different type material, such as newsprint of lower quality to make the Newsstand edition, that they will put "newsstand" on the label, at least it is true for the Copper Age :foryou: not too sure if they used lower quality paper for "moderns" ......

I guess it can vary but ASM607 direct and newsstand both have the same glossy type of paper used in recent moderns 

52 minutes ago, Etreiw said:

Ta Da!! :)

GL.jpg

GL2.jpg

Nothing wrong with these comics, but I’m not sure you understand what the point of the thread is.

the barcodes for the issues you posted literally say ‘direct sales’

5 hours ago, revat said:

Nothing wrong with these comics, but I’m not sure you understand what the point of the thread is.

the barcodes for the issues you posted literally say ‘direct sales’

First thanks for keeping us on topic. Second it’s an honest mistake. Thread should be retitled Modern Newsstands instead of Modern Newsies. Some may take it as New Moderns.