• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didn't anyone see this coming?

18 posts in this topic

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallery.mailchimp
Change to CCS Screening Service Emails

We're making a change to the CCS screening service emails. Prior to today, we have sent customers an email indicating which books were approved for pressing and which books weren't. This would typically include a fee breakdown for CCS. 

Moving forward, if books are submitted to CCS for press screening, customers will only receive an email when books are rejected for pressing. For example, if 25 books are submitted for press screening and five are rejected, an email will be sent to indicate which five books are rejected. All other books would proceed to be pressed at the rates indicated by the customer on CGC’s order form. This new change also applies to screening for restoration removal. 

(shrug)

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

NBD, right?

you need to think about the larger overall ramifications of an e-mail like this being sent subscriber-wide, and what it implies about their end-product.

isn't this to help CCS so they don't have to send out a ton of emails. 

I understand this as if your books are all good for a press there will be no communication and they will get pressed, etc.. and you can then panic more about not hearing from CCS or CGC for quite sometime. 

Maybe this will help with TAT's?

9 hours ago, divad said:

you need to think about the larger overall ramifications of an e-mail like this being sent subscriber-wide, and what it implies about their end-product.

The overall ramifications and implications escape me. The customer knows what books they sent it. They did the submission online. . So you send in 20 books and get an email back saying "these four books didn't pass the pressing screening and will not be pressed."
It doesn't take a lot of brainpower to understand the other 16 books will be pressed.  Efficiency is generally good. 

16 hours ago, divad said:

I don't understand what you're implying.

This seems like CGC is saying, "we're dropping focus of tasks that seem to be a waste of time". What would the other side be?

5 minutes ago, divad said:

are you trying to be mean?

Not at all. Maybe (hopefully) a little funny. It just seems to me you don’t need an email that confirms CCCS is doing what you’ve paid CCS to do. Who knows maybe it will speed them up a little. 

I get what you're saying. I have some problems with pressing books to acheive a bump in grade. It seems a little like cheating, especially when one has carefully preserved or purchased high quality issues, back in the day. On the other hand, I have a run of Ditko Spiderman I had to purchase second hand (and in less than pristine condition), due to a girl named Iris, who never returned mine to me; it still hurts. I will definitely consider some professional "help" with those, one day.

55 minutes ago, Hamlet said:
6 hours ago, divad said:

What percentage of books submitted now are pressed (either before submitting or through CCS)?

An even more disturbing question - what percentage of books submitted are being pressed for the 2nd/3rd/4th time?

Things are getting a little ridiculous, IMO

and how does that impact the ability of the graders to grade accurately across the board? personally, i will never again buy a slabbed book. let me touch, feel and smell the product, not the barex casing. oh, and don't forget read! ;)

Edited by divad

OP: starts thread bemoaning something about emails or something.  Hard to tell. 

Everyone:  What's the big deal?  They're changing what they communicate/possibly not at all. 

OP:  Pressing is bad.  Slabbing is bad.

Everyone: ZZZZZZZZZ