• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone seen this error before?

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Can you show us the back?

I don’t have access to it right now, the back did have red on the somerset Holmes logo. That led me to believe it was fading, but after looking at it longer, it doesn’t appear any other plate was used on the front.

it could be fading, but I have never seen it so complete if it is

21 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

I don’t have access to it right now, the back did have red on the somerset Holmes logo. That led me to believe it was fading, but after looking at it longer, it doesn’t appear any other plate was used on the front.

it could be fading, but I have never seen it so complete if it is

I've seen a few 'blue and whites' in my time and this does appear to be what extreme sun fade looks like. The red on the back is telling.

Here's another example which I found in the files:

2027374246_138blueonly.thumb.jpg.cd02635c72bc121533a17ba2ce9ce779.jpg

Blue always goes last. I remember a Hulk key in a similar state too. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:13 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I've seen a few 'blue and whites' in my time and this does appear to be what extreme sun fade looks like. The red on the back is telling.

Here's another example which I found in the files:

2027374246_138blueonly.thumb.jpg.cd02635c72bc121533a17ba2ce9ce779.jpg

Blue always goes last. I remember a Hulk key in a similar state too. 

I have never seen a comic bleach out to this extreme and not affect every color including Cyan. In this example the Cyan looks untouched. Spidey's suit is still the appropriate % of Cyan (100%). Is there any evidence of other colors on the cover (beside K)? A good place to look would be under the larger areas of black in the logo over Mindworm's hair. If you have a jewelers loop you would be able to see some magenta as the K plate usually overprints other colors except in dialogue boxes with color. The back would have its own plates so would not give any indication to me of this covers issues.

35 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

I have never seen a comic bleach out to this extreme and not affect every color including Cyan. In this example the Cyan looks untouched. Spidey's suit is still the appropriate % of Cyan (100%). Is there any evidence of other colors on the cover (beside K)? A good place to look would be under the larger areas of black in the logo over Mindworm's hair. If you have a jewelers loop you would be able to see some magenta as the K plate usually overprints other colors except in dialogue boxes with color. The back would have its own plates so would not give any indication to me of this covers issues.

Alas, not one I owned, just saved the image years back. I think I'll try an experiment and stick a comparable book in a window. See what happens.