• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #19
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Howdy!  I mean grrr!   I found this nice-looking Spidey.  Please let me know what you think CGC would find/grade.  If there is a crease, are they all treated alike?   Don't know about interior pages yet, so let's stick with cover.  Look forward to your wisdom.   

ASM19-front.jpg

ASM-rear.jpg

Edited by Pantodude

Nice Book!!!

I cannot tell by the pics if those are slightly fanned pages at the top right of the book, if so I would estimate grade at...

7.0 FINE/VERY FINE (FN/VF):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with outstanding eye appeal. A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases. Corners may be blunted. Inks are generally bright with a moderate reduction in reflectivity. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. The slightest spine roll may be present, as well as a possible moderate color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. Slight rust migration. Paper is cream to tan. Centerfold is mostly secure. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present.

If those pages are not fanned then I would give an estimated grade of...

8.0 VERY FINE (VF):  Back to Top
An excellent copy with outstanding eye appeal. A limited accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Cover is relatively flat with minimal surface wear beginning to show, possibly including some minute wear at corners. Inks are generally bright with moderate to high reflectivity. An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. Spine is almost completely flat with a possible minor color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Very slight staple tears and a few almost insignificant stress lines may be present. Paper is cream to tan and supple. Centerfold is mostly secure. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present.

12 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

WOW!!!  :whatthe:

I understand grading is subjective, only one way we will ever find out.

I may have taken too short a glance, now that you've called me out...

lol

If I may amend my evaluation: 7.5 IMO.

I didn't observe the middle-right on the FC first go-around.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I may have taken too short a glance, now that you've called me out...

lol

If I may amend my evaluation: 7.5 IMO.

I didn't observe the middle-right on the FC first go-around.

We all miss things and we all see things differently, when in doubt I tend to under grade, better to be low and it comes back higher  :cloud9: than the other way. :(

Guys, thank you for your comments.   Did you notice the two horizontal creases on the right of Spidey front cover?   Are those what you call printer creases?   If so, does it affect actual grade?   If not, what grade would you use to value the comic, in light of the printer creases?