• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excalibur Movie - anyone know anything about it?

16 posts in this topic

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-britain-mcu-debut-excalibur-movie/

Seems Dane Whitman involved as well - is this one of the 3 Kit Harrington films mentioned or something new?

@Bosco685

Edited by Beige

Hey there.

I had seen this article come up along with a load of other 'MCU has Character XXX in the works' articles from We Got This Covered, and had been looking for more credible sources. @Callaway29 and I were discussing it as well, and noticed other sites calling this out were just restating what WGTC had stated.

Some sites (Lords of the Long Box???) went with it and started adding their own 'insider source' details. No way Feige and team would leak details like this out before having some form of concept and rough --script. The MCU focus is on the Black Knight's appearance in The Eternals.

According to our insider sources, we are hearing Kit Harington’s Black Knight character will be spun off from The Eternals into his own franchise.

In a recent interview with Good Morning America, Kevin Feige had this to say about Kit Harington and his role as the Black Knight:

“He’s a really amazing actor, and this part came up in The Eternals film that we’re doing, We were so happy when he agreed to join, and it is a part that could perhaps grow into something else in the future.”

Well, we are now hearing which of the projects Marvel Studios is talking about and it’s one of Feige’s favorite comic book runs. Excalibur has been in development by Marvel Studios as a refreshing take on the X-Men. Based on the Chris Claremont/Alan Davis series, the movies will feature the Black Knight with Shadowcat, Captain Britain, Psylocke, and Nightcrawler.

The tone will be completely different than any other MCU series, influenced by Doctor Who, Time Bandits, and even Monty Python.

First reported on the Lords of the Long Box Live Youtube show on 8/28.

He forgot to mention Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting and Four Lions. Heck, let's add Shaun of the Dead too. :insane:

Edited by Bosco685

"Black Knight has often been part of Excalibur in the comics but, given his importance to the future of the franchise, we’re wondering if he might be bumped up to the leadership position that Captain Britain usually fills in the movie version. That said, we’ve also been told that Brian Braddock could appear in the film, so who knows?

Giving the United Kingdom its own superhero team would definitely continue the internationalization of the MCU that seems to be happening over the next few years, though. Already, we have Simu Liu’s Shang-Chi set to become the first Asian hero in the franchise, Black Widow taking place partially in Russia and obviously, we’ll return to Wakanda in Black Panther 2. "

From some random site, basically re-hashing what was said, but adding that this film could actually be set in the UK, rather than just using stock locations.

Makes sense I guess - being Arthurian in origin and all that.

Plus:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/10/captain-britain-and-the-black-knight-marvel-movie-rumor/

Edited by Beige

32 minutes ago, Beige said:

This throws me.

Ain’t It Cool News reports that a source the site refers to as “Super Grip” has tipped them off to the unannounced Marvel Studios film...

'Super Grip'? hm

Is this a different/new “leak”? Don’t have the time for sleuthing... Who is Mikey Sutton?

“Mikey Sutton took to his private Facebook group,Geekosity: All Things Pop Culture to leak his latest insider knowledge. According to Mikey Sutton, Marvel wants to make an Excalibur movie that would serve to introduce a branch of mutants “radically different from the main mutant films they will produce.” He stated:

SCOOP – 11/7/19: Excalibur is coming to the MCU. Based on the Chris Claremont/Alan Davis comic-book series, Excalibur will be hybrid of fantasy and comedy featuring time travel, magic, and superheroics. This is part of Kevin Feige’s grand plan to inject new creative blood into the mutant franchise. If you’re wondering why Marvel Studios is introducing the Black Knight in The Eternals, this relatively obscure character is part of a larger overall goal, an X-Men offshoot that will be radically different from the main mutant films they will produce. Not only that, but it provides Captain Britain opportunities to soar. Imagine the MCU filtered through Time Bandits with a dash of Monty Python British humor.

How long will it take for this appear? It’ll be a few years as this is gradually being mapped out. Fox sat on this for so long, a goldmine sitting in the attic.

Your fly in the ointment,

Mikey Sutton“

On 11/10/2021 at 4:17 PM, silverseeker said:

That's also why I clicked it...such a great movie.

I wonder if it holds up after all these years?

I've got the DVD and now that all this has been brought up. I'll dig it out and watch it or if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime maybe this weekend.  Loved it when it came out! Awesome movie!

On 11/10/2021 at 4:52 PM, musicmeta said:

I've got the DVD and now that all this has been brought up. I'll dig it out and watch it or if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime maybe this weekend.  Loved it when it came out! Awesome movie!

I also have the DVD and may need to fire it up soon...

On 11/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, musicmeta said:

Let me know if you find it - be good to watch again!