• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru artwork Brave & Bold #25 prices

23 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

Original Art is a completely different animal than comics, because there is only ONE page in existence.  You might find a comparable page, even from the same book, but there is only one of that one page.   So what's the value?  Whatever I'm willing to sell it for and whatever you're willing to pay for it.

I own a Bob Brown Batman page from Detective 388- first comic book I remember, Batman and Robin fighting the Joker on the moon-- similar Brown pages go for $3-$500-- I would entertain offers of $15k.   That becomes the price of that page.   Insane price?  Yup.   But the price on THAT page nonetheless.

I remember a few years ago when guys were trying to put together a price guide.   It's impossible.  The page price is set by the owner.   If you think they are crazy for asking that price too bad, that's the price.

The only rule for buying original art is offer what you are comfortable paying.  If the seller likes the price you have a deal.

+ 1

1 hour ago, AndyFish said:

Original Art is a completely different animal than comics, because there is only ONE page in existence.  You might find a comparable page, even from the same book, but there is only one of that one page.   So what's the value?  Whatever I'm willing to sell it for and whatever you're willing to pay for it.

I own a Bob Brown Batman page from Detective 388- first comic book I remember, Batman and Robin fighting the Joker on the moon-- similar Brown pages go for $3-$500-- I would entertain offers of $15k.   That becomes the price of that page.   Insane price?  Yup.   But the price on THAT page nonetheless.

I remember a few years ago when guys were trying to put together a price guide.   It's impossible.  The page price is set by the owner.   If you think they are crazy for asking that price too bad, that's the price.

The only rule for buying original art is offer what you are comfortable paying.  If the seller likes the price you have a deal.

Yes. But if you didn't own the page, would you pay $15K for it if you knew "comparable" brown Batman pages were going for $300-$500?