• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Board Features?

53 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Bring me the finest broadband available to humanity! 

Well, I could pick up a fine microwave transmission from a nearby ridge, but that would entail climbing up the ridge between my cabin and the broadcast and finding a way to run hundreds of meters of cable through steep terrain in a dense forest. Maybe the wilderness is not meant to have too much in the way of media entertainment, when the foxes and bears at my front door provide so many real moments of hilarity and drama.

2 hours ago, Siskiyou Kidd said:

Well, I could pick up a fine microwave transmission from a nearby ridge, but that would entail climbing up the ridge between my cabin and the broadcast and finding a way to run hundreds of meters of cable through steep terrain in a dense forest. Maybe the wilderness is not meant to have too much in the way of media entertainment, when the foxes and bears at my front door provide so many real moments of hilarity and drama.

Sounds nice Kidd. I do like the wilderness. You never know when someone might leave a hare for you...

RipeLeadingAphid-size_restricted.gif.9e83f8e8be1735350994aa4016b2964a.gif

56 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Sounds nice Kidd. I do like the wilderness. You never know when someone might leave a hare for you...

RipeLeadingAphid-size_restricted.gif.9e83f8e8be1735350994aa4016b2964a.gif

:/ Not really the same, but my only companion now is Sammy, a Siamese kinky-tail cat my dad adopted when he was a stray kitten in town.

Sammy talks A LOT and is an amazing watchdog and hunter, who likes to accompany me on long hikes in the surrounding hills. He recently brought me a hare nearly as big as he is, which is quite a feat for a housecat. It was a juvenile jackrabbit, which is the only hare native to America.

Edited by Siskiyou Kidd
spelling

21 hours ago, bababooey said:

Apparently you need to be on the larger font "theme" (bottom left) to see start dates now. 2c  I just tried the small font version and lost start date.

Thanks Booey! :banana:

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

81S8x9pw7NL._SY741_.jpg.8fd1cfe6843f4220121925d045869bc5.jpg

Bottom left
Choose Theme
Choose Large Font

81S8x9pw7NL._SY741_.jpg.a715a1aae60718bc0bc20633efd75c53.jpg

Thank you!! I was trying to figure out the "lower left" thing and did not realize it was all the way down..kept missing it. I'm the guy that when given something to find in a store by my daughter, will walk right by it a few times before a) getting lucky enough to notice it, or b) flagging down an employee to help me find it. Thanks for providing the "b" option.

Not sure either really matters. On most forums members post lots of pointless threads just to boost their post count. Not sure I understand why people would think their post count matters. Join date matters more if selling or buying but otherwise that don’t really matter either. I don’t mind that it’s on the profile and not posted on every post the users make.

I joined in 2005 and have a little over 4200 post. I visit the site everyday and ready most of the new post. I don’t see how either reflects on me as a person.

Edited by kidcolt

6 minutes ago, kidcolt said:

Not sure either really matters. On most forums members post lots of pointless threads just to boost their post count. Not sure I understand why people would think their post count matters. Join date matters more if selling or buying but otherwise that don’t really matter either. I don’t mind that it’s on the profile and not posted on every post the users make.

I joined in 2005 and have a little over 4200 post. I visit the site everyday and ready most of the new post. I don’t see how either reflects on me as a person.

You don't say... hm

4 minutes ago, Boltman1937 said:

How do I make other people see my Join Date if they don't make this change? I think that's the real question hm

Change your location to "Joined: Tuesday at 05:12 PM"