• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Dead #1 Re-Branded
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hello fellow collectors, 

Not sure if I am posting in the right area or not but hear goes nothing. My local comic book store has released a Walking Dead #1 issue. The book looks exactly as it did when it was first released the only exception is it has the logo of the local comic book shop in the window.   I know its never going to get what the original first print got, but does anyone think it would be worth grading it?  Pic of comic attached

WD#1 re-branded.jpg

Edited by bhagen61

1 minute ago, cbalroman said:

Depends on your reason for wanting to get it graded....

If its because you like the book, it has you LCS stamp on it, and it for your personal collection...sure

If its because you think you can flip it for mad money...pass

I am not going to want to flip it tomorrow or even the next day but 30 40 years down the road maybe.  But its kinda what I thought 

6 hours ago, bhagen61 said:

Hello fellow collectors, 

Not sure if I am posting in the right area or not but hear goes nothing. My local comic book store has released a Walking Dead #1 issue. The book looks exactly as it did when it was first released the only exception is it has the logo of the local comic book shop in the window.   I know its never going to get what the original first print got, but does anyone think it would be worth grading it?  Pic of comic attached

WD#1 re-branded.jpg

Moore did the cover art for WD #1. Adlard did this cover. 

7 hours ago, bhagen61 said:

Hello fellow collectors, 

WD#1 re-branded.jpg

I'm a big fan of these covers ;)

Sidenote - there are like 150+ store versions (along with a retail copy) of this cover - all of which have different logos in the broken window.  It's a cool cover but not necessarily high dollar investment long term as it's technically a reprint.  However, there are limited copies of each one so if you could get a handful and store them away there will be some completist collectors down the road who will want them (so store them well and just be patient). 2c

1 minute ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I'm a big fan of these covers ;)

Sidenote - there are like 150+ store versions (along with a retail copy) of this cover - all of which have different logos in the broken window.  It's a cool cover but not necessarily high dollar investment long term as it's technically a reprint.  However, there are limited copies of each one so if you could get a handful and store them away there will be some completist collectors down the road who will want them (so store them well and just be patient). 2c

I never thought of that. But would you spend the money to get em graded or wait until you got 5 to 10 stores?

Just now, bhagen61 said:

I never thought of that. But would you spend the money to get em graded or wait until you got 5 to 10 stores?

If you're going to get them graded immediately I would sell them immediately but I would just hold on to about 5 or so copies of each store copy that you get and just hang on to them.  If you're in no hurry to sell them just keep them raw for a while.

1 minute ago, Sensei Ryan said:

If you're going to get them graded immediately I would sell them immediately but I would just hold on to about 5 or so copies of each store copy that you get and just hang on to them.  If you're in no hurry to sell them just keep them raw for a while.

ok cool that's easy enough to do :)