• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Overpriced Ebay Comic Ever?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

At least the other extremely overpriced comics have something 'special' about them whether its an error or a Stan Lee sig.  The comic I posted is literally JUST a comic.  A modern of a C list hero, with a sorta popular artist?  Its not a variant, its not a sexy cover, its not a first app, its not a #1, there's no sig.

I completely agree, but when you see things like this.20191018_143650.jpg.ba14175d7856e8d6fe88e3e03e0f99ac.jpg

Or this 

20191018_143910.jpg.0fdebde3bbd8f1a742fcaa42133bfb3b.jpg

It is not hard to see that clearly that is something along the lines of a drug transaction,  money laundering,  etc activity going on.. Which may be the case with some of these other than just shooting for the moon with a crazy dream of a price..

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The goal should be to make this thread and also to have the book sell over eBay

This is not a sentence.

Just now, kav said:

This is not a sentence.

Yes it is. 

make the thread as in someone points out your book...

then someone else buys it 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Yes it is. 

make the thread as in someone points out your book...

then someone else buys it 

then pls explain what 'sell over ebay' means.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Then the book sells over eBay 

So if I am understanding correctly, someone posts a book for one million dollars on ebay so that someone sees it in this forum and then somehow pays over one million dollars for the book-

13 minutes ago, kav said:

So if I am understanding correctly, someone posts a book for one million dollars on ebay so that someone sees it in this forum and then somehow pays over one million dollars for the book-

Someone from this forum does not have to buy the book.   The book just has to legitimately sell. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Someone from this forum does not have to buy the book.   The book just has to legitimately sell. 

Please explain how it will sell for 'over ebay'.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Or post WW 2 Hungarian pengo!  I think $1 US = 500 Septillion pengo at the highest point of inflation!

That's 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 !!! 

mail.gif

7 minutes ago, kav said:

mail.gif

Yep. The Zimbabwe and WW1 era Reichsmark postwar inflation both pale before the fate of the Hungarian pengo 1945-1946. When you think about it, it would cost as many US dollar bills, that covering the entire land area of the earth would probably have to be piled 10 feet deep to buy a $1 candy bar!

One day, for fun, I'll calculate it and report back to you! Factoring the total landmass of the earth, the size of a one dollar bill, how many to fill that area and how thick to equal 500 Septillion units!

Edited by James J Johnson

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yep. The Zimbabwe and WW1 era Reichsmark postwar inflation both pale before the fate of the Hungarian pengo 1945-1946. When you think about it, it would cost as many US dollar bills, that covering the entire land area of the earth would probably have to be piled 10 feet deep to buy a $1 candy bar!

A $100,000 bar pales in comparison.

28 minutes ago, kav said:

Please explain how it will sell for 'over ebay'.

Ok now that I am home... we will try this again... You are having a brain fart. 

1 - Someone posts a listing where they say it is crazy that this book / this piece of art is being offered over eBay at this price.  It will never sell. 

2 - The book then sells over eBay.  Over eBay as in the venue that the book is sold over. 

Those that posted the book or piece of art as being crazily overpriced are then left questioning whether the book or piece of art were truly overpriced.