• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Overpriced Ebay Comic Ever?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Boltman1937 said:

yes overpriced but that error is super rare if I was him I would list it for like 5k maybe more

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

The goal should be to make this thread and also to have the book sell over eBay

1 hour ago, kav said:

This is not a sentence.

I do believe that he is merely pointing out the usage of "over" and lack of sentence structure.  20170823_193528.jpg.82e0c132076050a7a6019a91090f3fa9.jpg

20191018_171003.jpg.404b24fc672824e4f87a989da1be8854.jpg

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Ok now that I am home... we will try this again... You are having a brain fart. 

1 - Someone posts a listing where they say it is crazy that this book / this piece of art is being offered over eBay at this price.  It will never sell. 

2 - The book then sells over eBay.  Over eBay as in the venue that the book is sold over. 

Those that posted the book or piece of art as being crazily overpriced are then left questioning whether the book or piece of art were truly overpriced. 

Eh...it might be more fun to ridicule these people on Ebay. I mean these people are basically trolling with these screwball listings. If they're not even gonna offer free shipping why not throw in some phone books and charge extra? Maybe they can claim the phone books were once sat on by some celebrity (shrug)

My response to the mega rare Marvel DC book

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am interested in this book. However the fact that you don’t offer free shipping and that you did not get the interior signed by Stan Lee upsets me. As it sits, I cannot turn a profit on this book without a Stan Lee signature inside (I would stand to make $2.2 million I think). I also don’t like the fact that I can’t read the misprinted comic inside prior to selling it for my own profit. Lots of things taking a way from this great book, it’s a shame. 

Regards,

Eric

11 hours ago, Boltman1937 said:

lol you can't be serious.

Look it’s a cool book. But for $5000? Pretty sure even an error of an actual key with say multiple covers wouldn’t sell for that much. Say ASM 129 with 4 covers. Probably the only one. The fact that the type of error is rare means nothing to me. It’s a cool story book that I’m sure someone would drop a couple hundred maaaayybbbe $1000 on at most just to say they have it

On 10/19/2019 at 5:30 AM, comicginger1789 said:

My response to the mega rare Marvel DC book

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am interested in this book. However the fact that you don’t offer free shipping and that you did not get the interior signed by Stan Lee upsets me. As it sits, I cannot turn a profit on this book without a Stan Lee signature inside (I would stand to make $2.2 million I think). I also don’t like the fact that I can’t read the misprinted comic inside prior to selling it for my own profit. Lots of things taking a way from this great book, it’s a shame. 

Regards,

Eric

pls keep us updated.  

"Hello yes I see this book is RARE!  I almost split my shorts when I saw that and was this close to hitting the buy it now, but some ebay searching showed me RARE books are incredibly common on ebay....better luck next time...."

On 10/18/2019 at 3:41 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I completely agree, but when you see things like this.20191018_143650.jpg.ba14175d7856e8d6fe88e3e03e0f99ac.jpg

Or this 

20191018_143910.jpg.0fdebde3bbd8f1a742fcaa42133bfb3b.jpg

It is not hard to see that clearly that is something along the lines of a drug transaction,  money laundering,  etc activity going on.. Which may be the case with some of these other than just shooting for the moon with a crazy dream of a price..

I think the illegal activity stays closer to the bitcoins kind of laundering