PSA - Don‘t fall for this!

13 posts in this topic

262 posts

for new collectors - there are so many bad sellers on ebay and many buyers who don‘t do their homework.

please don‘t fall for this. don‘t overpay for a $3.99 facsimile copy!

D15A4BC7-901A-4FE4-925F-5EE0E83476CF.jpeg

343F5040-A183-443E-AA07-66F79979674F.jpeg

430 posts

The names of the sellers would be greatly appreciated.

677 posts

I've seen so many of these. I've seen sellers with over 1000 feedback pulling this scam. Absolutey disgusting human beings and I block the immediately. Most of them have too much experience to not know exactly what they are doing. 

262 posts
11 hours ago, evilskip said:

The names of the sellers would be greatly appreciated.

There are about 10 active listings on ebay. Just go to ebay and search for active and sold listings 

262 posts
9 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

What barcode on the front cover?

Jerome

The barcode is difference between the Original and the reprint. So is the cover price $3.99 vs $1

Edited by Poka
spelling

1,222 posts

I seen someone trying to sell a Hulk 181 facsimile copy for $6k, im sure a few reported it and sent the insufficiently_thoughtful_person some nice messages as well, the price dropped to $10 the next day 

4,646 posts
5 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I seen someone trying to sell a Hulk 181 facsimile copy for $6k, im sure a few reported it and sent the insufficiently_thoughtful_person some nice messages as well, the price dropped to $10 the next day 

Yikes!

:censored::facepalm:

3,930 posts
9 hours ago, Poka said:

The barcode is difference between the Original and the reprint. So is the cover price $3.99 vs $1

I know, bad joke on my part  :shy:

Jerome

20,238 posts

The facsimiles that don't have a different price, etc. Are the fraud. My guess (I hope) is that 99% of thebidders do not compete the transaction and realize what's up.

20,238 posts

Except there are copies getting bid up where the sellers made a disclosure. One was around $70 and the seller was adding comments like "people know this is a reprint, right? Why is this getting bid up???" Actually kind of funny.

2,306 posts
10 hours ago, the blob said:

Except there are copies getting bid up where the sellers made a disclosure. One was around $70 and the seller was adding comments like "people know this is a reprint, right? Why is this getting bid up???" Actually kind of funny.

:eek: