• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grey Labels
3 3

18 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I have noticed a new trend of the grey labels in last two months and understand that applied for pedigree collections.

That color is like a mourning.  I still like Blue labels. What do you think of the grey labels?

Mourning is a good word, you’d think they could’ve used a more upbeat color. Of course they’ve already used red, blue, green, yellow, and purple.  Orange is still available...

FROM THE COLLECTION OF MAGIK WOO!!!

Nothing else on a label matters!

And now time for a personal note to Mr. Woo:

Hi, I'm NoMan. I'd like to talk to you about a book you had that I now have. It's my understanding you refuse to give out an email or fax, hey man, I get it, you don't want to be found. But lookit - they're bored with you up at those conventions in Canada and tired of hearing you talk about yourself nonstop. I WANT TO HEAR YOU TALK ABOUT YOURSELF! So give me a PM and let's be friends!

Your pal in collecting comic books,

NoMan

Edited by NoMan

8 hours ago, NoMan said:

FROM THE COLLECTION OF MAGIK WOO!!!

Nothing else on a label matters!

And now time for a personal note to Mr. Woo:

Hi, I'm NoMan. I'd like to talk to you about a book you had that I now have. It's my understanding you refuse to give out an email or fax, hey man, I get it, you don't want to be found. But lookit - they're bored with you up at those conventions in Canada and tired of hearing you talk about yourself nonstop. I WANT TO HEAR YOU TALK ABOUT YOURSELF! So give me a PM and let's be friends!

Your pal in collecting comic books,

NoMan

What the ?!$#?

We can argue the aesthetics - I would prefer shimmery platinum label like the melting dude on Terminator 2: Judgment Day. 

Fair game I guess to argue if pedigrees deserve a color?  Or hey, should comics even be slabbed?  Whatever. 

I like pedigrees, I like the special labels.  Buy or avoid per your ability and inclination.

Edited by path4play

They're a very slight shade of grey just a smidge away from white. What's better is font on the pedigree designation is larger and featured on the center so you can actually see it unlike the old ones with the tiny print on the side

13 hours ago, Jaylam said:

Will they use a grey label for "from the collection of" designations also or is it just strictly for recognized pedigrees? 

Its for whatever cgc recognizes as a pedigree. What I'm wondering is if there's an old pedigree that cgc no longer recognizes will they still receive this label?