• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Litch CGC employee – He can use all our help!!!
2 2

29 posts in this topic

I have endured dialysis for 4 years now waiting for a kidney and pancreas. There are good days and bad days. For me comics make it better. Chatting with doctors or nurses about comics makes me not seem sick for a moment. I totally get the being scared part. Let me suggest this. Any time you feel the fear welling up within you, think about your friends that made this post and remember you inspired THIS. All we can make it thru is one day at a time. In the beginning I used to fear what I was losing or going to miss out on. However it took my focus off of living with what I have. Cry everyday, Laugh everyday, Love everyday, and read comics. The rest will balance out. Good luck to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow is the big day!

Paul, I'll be sending good thoughts your way from now until we get some sort of update.  Best of luck and I wish you a speedy recovery!

18 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Surgery is over.  Paul's currently in recovery so it will still be some time before family can go visit.  But all in all everything is positive.  

Some Good News :) 

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

Paul posted an update 5 days ago.  I figure it's worthwhile to share it here in case some didn't see it:

Surgery went smoothly! My new kidney is a worker! Over 16L in two days. All of my levels are down, including blood pressure. My creatinin level has gone from 16 to 2!!! My creatinin levels haven’t been at 2 since my early 30’s! And they expect it to keep dropping. Not only that, but my spilled protein levels have gone from 16 to 0.5!!!

Now FSGS can reoccur, but the dr.s are pretty confident that it might not reoccur! No one can predict the future, but it sure looks bright! I need sunglasses.

Thank you everyone for you support, good vibes, prayers and love you have given me. I will never forget it. I love you all.

He must feel a heck of a lot better! Or will when all is said :) Good for HIM!