• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerber White Space List
2 2

15 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

I’m curious: Would any GA book listed but not pictured be considered a White Space book?

No.  There are many titles where Gerber showed only the first few or the key issues and didn’t show the rest.  The white spaces are literally blank, white placeholders in the photojournals where my understanding is, Gerber had leads on copies or felt that it was an important enough book (if found) to be able to issue an image later.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:18 AM, AJD said:

It's amazing just how many books they actually managed to track down for those volumes. There are 21,000  covers in those books and they missed 44 - or 0.2% (worship)

They also didn't bother showing a couple hundred covers, just blew them off because they didn't consider them important enough. That always annoyed me. They also completely missed a few issues that exist and were not shown or even listed in the text lists at all. I have a few and wrote down what they were years ago, but I forget what ones they are.