• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about my walking dead #8 graded at 10 gem, what would something like this be worth if theres only 1 on the cgc site

14 posts in this topic

Between 4 and 10x more than 9.8

51 minutes ago, spreads said:

It will more than likely be worth less a year from now and definitely five years from now (TWD is on a downward trajectory).

agree, if you're selling, do it NOW (or 5 years ago).

19 minutes ago, revat said:

agree, if you're selling, do it NOW (or 5 years ago).

I had a huge run of TWD I listed on ebay by auction last month.  This is something I would almost never do, but I wanted to get it sold and shipped before I took off on a trip (this was from a large collection of 10k comics purchased a few months ago, I continue to sort through this large collection but wanted to get some money back very quickly).  The results were so %*&$@ I'm too embarrassed to post them here, but at the end of the day they're out of the house.  What my auction told me is that these TWD comics, especially big runs and especially when you get past issue 20, is quickly on the decline in demand.  If you want to sell your collection, or any TWD books, don't wait any longer to do so!  #1 will always be valuable, but I sense a slow gradual decline in price before it bottoms out somewhere.....

Edited by spreads

I love the walking dead been watching it when it first came out and have been a loyal fan.. but even I know that the walking dead fan base is starting to get bored and its starting a bit of a decline as much as I dont want to believe it and love the show, I see that the fan base has been declining slowly. 

We would watch the season premieres and season finale together and it was a group of 10 of us; now most have stopped watching the show and a few watch it on PVR, or online later on when there is nothing else to do or watch. So now I am kind of the lone walker watching the show when it airs.. tis is life.. 

Sell.

AMC/Kirkman have killed the golden goose.

9.4 of #1 down 40%

9.6 of #1 down by 35%

9.8 of #1 down by 15% but kept alive by weird outliers ($3177 sale ???)

The only thing that will save this book financially is the show going free to air.

And a whole new team of writers, producers and cast.

In fact clear out the whole lot and start again with someone else - they have run out of idea's.

#1 - #48 were fantastic.

The show on TV - what a dribbling mess. I couldn't name 10 characters now. The show is dead. If it was a horse it would be shot.

Sell - you might find one of the very few remaining collectors pay $2-3000 for it.

And that will probably be the bloke who paid $3000 for the 9.9

9.8's are struggling to break $100 on AVERAGE - there have been many sub $100 sales, some as low as $68.

The last 9.6 sold for $22.

Yup $22.

What a shame - it's like the comic version of Firefly.......