• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old photos of yourselves with comics?
2 2

94 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, jools&jim said:

Given all the different comics eras represented in these marvelous photos, this thread really should be in the General section for all to see...

That’s a good point! Is there a way to move it? Or maybe I should start a new thread in that category...

9 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

That’s a good point! Is there a way to move it? Or maybe I should start a new thread in that category...

You could report your post, and ask a mod to move it.  

2 minutes ago, TheBook said:

Fantastic thread. Love seeing these old pictures of comics and how they were a part of everyday life.:golfclap:

Thanks for sharing.

he started the new one in comics general :foryou: i think it has some pics notnin this thread yet :) 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ivan Ivanstein said:

One of my best: Alfred E. Neuman before Mad, circa 1909. I bought this from a major collector of vintage Brooklyn photos. It’s the only known vintage photographic print of this image. Pre-Mad Neuman pix are one of my fave categories. 

A20F8AA5-DB79-411B-863C-9E8DFADEC6EC.jpeg

936AD702-0813-45CD-9E35-B23163ADEEC2.jpeg

1bdfeadc3b022122f121c30001a2d9cb.jpg.a494e219fc198b306bd2c71f5701b708.jpg

Was wondering where this was in Brooklyn, so I looked around. Found this. Here's the other side! By the way, all of these pictures are so good, I passed out haha. Thanks for showing them!(thumbsu(thumbsu:bigsmile:

On 10/19/2019 at 7:22 PM, davidtere said:

A few pictures (when the world was black and white) with me, my brothers and some of the 'summer' neighborhood friends in the mid 60's. Comics featured in these pics are TTA #33 and 15, JIM # 75 and #70, Amazing Adult Fantasy # 8 Fantasy Masterpieces # 1 and FF # 55. Those who have a copy of Comic Book Marketplace  # 25 July 1995 may want to read "The rest of the story" in "Trap-Door Tree House Comics". Comic Books and Baseball...our summers were awesome. 

fullsizeoutput_60a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_60c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_610.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_618.jpeg

Brings back lots of great memories...thank you!  

On 3/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, The Lions Den said:

Brings back lots of great memories...thank you!  

Thank you Lions Den. These photos were taken on a 'brownie' camera during the summertime mid 60's in Saginaw Michigan. Discovering our summer friend's comics which they kept in their tree house behind their family restaurant really opened my eyes to Marvel monster comics which is mainly what they had. The freedom that the 60's offered for a kid who lived somewhat rurally was incredible. I appreciate the opportunity to have lived that. Marvel 'breaking out', 80 Page DC Giants were the Wonder Years for sure. Most of the kids that I knew read comics or had them lying around the house. I remember one friend giving me a Tales of Suspense # 55, another friend giving me a Daredevil (Marvel) #2 and yet another friend giving me a stack of early Adventure featuring the Legion of Superheroes. Those were the days!