• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potential trimmed key book help
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Glue on the spine, massive color touch, red and black, trimmed.

Now I don't know who your seller was, but I can most definitely tell you where the book originated. In other words, either your seller was All_Things_Comics or one of his buyers who sold it to you.

This is without a doubt the style and level of work that their restored books have. It's their handiwork.

Not the same book but look at the quality of the color touch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-50-Vol-1-Beautiful-Higher-Grade-1st-App-of-the-Kingpin/401915456116?hash=item5d94072a74:g:WHIAAOSwUA9dXC5o 

Whoever is restoring these books is working with VG and below, but has no real resto skills at all.

On some, they trim away more edge than anyone with common sense would ever attempt, often cutting right into the codes and key elements of artwork. Ugly personified.

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Glue on the spine, massive color touch, red and black, trimmed.

Now I don't know who your seller was, but I can most definitely tell you where the book originated. In other words, either your seller was All_Things_Comics or one of his buyers who sold it to you.

This is without a doubt the style and level of work that their restored books have. It's their handiwork.

Not the same book but look at the quality of the color touch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-50-Vol-1-Beautiful-Higher-Grade-1st-App-of-the-Kingpin/401915456116?hash=item5d94072a74:g:WHIAAOSwUA9dXC5o 

Whoever is restoring these books is working with VG and below, but has no real resto skills at all.

On some, they trim away more edge than anyone with common sense would ever attempt, often cutting right into the codes and key elements of artwork. Ugly personified.

Thanks for the info James. I will be super careful buying older comics.

23 hours ago, joeypost said:

All 4 sides trimmed...no doubt. 

I'll bet they even take all the crust off their bread, just to stay in practice, as if it would take practice to trim books that horridly. :facepalm:  They may as well use a safety scissors to avoid the risk of the blade sliding over the straight edge and slicing off a finger (from my mouth to God's ears :wishluck: ). :whatthe: 

They should offer their buyers an option. For an extra 10% over the winning bidder, the "winning" bidder can opt to purchase the rest of the book that was trimmed off in a separate bag. hm