• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From 0-100%, how satisfied are you with your current collection?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, delekkerste said:

I think it comes down to managing expectations, and being realistic about what kind of collection one can build relative to one's budget and opportunity set.  

Logen Ninefingers approves of this advice.

14 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I think as you do this for enough decades, at least it’s true for me, you start to realize it’s all just “stuff”...and what you're really chasing is that moment of perfection that drew you into a book or character. The perfect page, the perfect panel, the perfect memory from youth that this work of art connects to. The rest is just nice distractions or maybe a means to acquire that piece of personal perfection.

Fair enough, that's you. Not me. But I only date back to 1993, maybe the extra six years is just enough decades to make a difference? ( lol )

Me...I'm still having the time of my life in art, not depressed or disappointed at all. My keepers list...at least two, maybe three zeroes after your six ;) and I ain't done (nor dead) yet :)

Perhaps your ruleset is too confining?

37 minutes ago, vodou said:

I guess I'm not complaining and (it seems?) you are. That's the distinction I'm drawing between us.

oh that’s just a misunderstanding on your part. All good.

Edited by zhamlau

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

oh that’s just a misunderstanding on your part. All good.

Nitpicking but, if "The sad part is ..." isn't how a whine begins then the dictionaries need some re-writes ;)

Obviously you had all the foresight and opportunity (re: starting in 1987) but not the wherewithal to be right and sit tight*. And so it goes...

*https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/buy_right_and_hold_tight_buy_right_and_sit_tight

9 minutes ago, vodou said:

Nitpicking but, if "The sad part is ..." isn't how a whine begins then the dictionaries need some re-writes ;)

Obviously you had all the foresight and opportunity (re: starting in 1987) but not the wherewithal to be right and sit tight*. And so it goes...

*https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/buy_right_and_hold_tight_buy_right_and_sit_tight

66A7B910-6481-468F-B991-0F2312D9288F.gif