• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there CGC grades you dislike for no reason?
1 1

102 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Money. An 8.2 wouldn't carry any premium over an 8.0. And there'd be stacks of them for most comics.

Sky's the limit at the top end though, where your 9.9 might be the only one. 

I agree with the spirit of your post though. 

I would love to see someone take a comic to them, have 1 'expert' grade it (without slabbing it), and he/she would say 9.2.   Then go back a week later, have a different 'expert' grade it (without slabbing it), and they would say 9.4,   Then a third week, go back, and get another expert, and they would say  9.2.  I would be willing to bet this would happen more often then not.   Some of the differences are such minutiae, I could see it going down like that.   But they created this mess.   I think it has to do with time of day, who the grader is, what kind of day they are having, and blood sugar levels.   

Just now, porcupine48 said:

ANTI-NINITES :sumo:

"Neigh!" (Translation: "Keep your f****** hair on pal or I'll stick your antibodies up your f****** a**** mate!") :mad: bf.jpg.b62dee7aa806006b5d60f861b8e12982.jpg

1 hour ago, Foley said:

Yup, a few actually (wife, mom, sister) 

Is there a diagnosis coming soon?

Ok I am back.  

I'm diagnosing your wife says you only care about yourself and this ticks you off!

4 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I think it has to do with time of day, who the grader is, what kind of day they are having, and blood sugar levels

...amongst other things, yes...

raw.png.d9ece3e93d179b3dbe4c2ebd86295d51.png

Thank you Bababooey

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Two please :)

Seeing that Nena video always,always reminds me of my dad.I loved her,but he was totally freaked out by her armpit hair and would holler every time it was on lol 

This derail brought to you by Jimmers

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Seeing that Nena video always,always reminds me of my dad.I loved her,but he was totally freaked out by her armpit hair and would holler every time it was on lol 

This derail brought to you by Jimmers

Nine de nine, red balloons, floating in de summer sun. :banana:

Nothing wrong with hairy armpits. Now a hairy backside.....that's a different matter. 

6 minutes ago, kav said:

Put your wife on the line.

"Hi kav, it's Mrs Ryan here. Gotta say pal, you diagnose problems a bit like you draw women's backsides"

Qualified grade.

Reminds me of dealers with their BS if the book hadn't have the whole back page ripped off it be near mint sales pitch with a price tag multiples over a poor price.

Sorry ladies and gentlemen. A page missing or a coupon gone means a incomplete poor book. Getting cgc to grade it qualified and getting the pope to bless it ain't going to do a damn thing.

Honestly im ok with grades. I've enjoyed the stories here why others don't like a specific grade. 🤪

20 minutes ago, southern cross said:

Qualified grade.

Reminds me of dealers with their BS if the book hadn't have the whole back page ripped off it be near mint sales pitch with a price tag multiples over a poor price.

Sorry ladies and gentlemen. A page missing or a coupon gone means a incomplete poor book. Getting cgc to grade it qualified and getting the pope to bless it ain't going to do a damn thing.

Honestly im ok with grades. I've enjoyed the stories here why others don't like a specific grade. 🤪

One guy on ebay had a coverless GA book he described as "mint".  I questioned how a coverless book could be "mint".  He angrily retorted that "The part that's there is MINT!!"
I then said i had a mint copy of Action #1 that consisted of one page would he like to purchase it for $500,000 because the last mint copy sold for 1.5 million and he could make a killing-

11 minutes ago, kav said:

One guy on ebay had a coverless GA book he described as "mint".  I questioned how a coverless book could be "mint".  He angrily retorted that "The part that's there is MINT!!"
I then said i had a mint copy of Action #1 that consisted of one page would he like to purchase it for $500,000 because the last mint copy sold for 1.5 million and he could make a killing-

Classic 👍

21 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

I would love to see someone take a comic to them, have 1 'expert' grade it (without slabbing it), and he/she would say 9.2.   Then go back a week later, have a different 'expert' grade it (without slabbing it), and they would say 9.4,   Then a third week, go back, and get another expert, and they would say  9.2.  I would be willing to bet this would happen more often then not.   Some of the differences are such minutiae, I could see it going down like that.   But they created this mess.   I think it has to do with time of day, who the grader is, what kind of day they are having, and blood sugar levels.   

Agree 100%.