• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can overspray be removed ?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I found a good copy of Avengers 48 but has a flew flaws :

Overspray at the top and bottom of the cover, the bottom of the back, on the top of the first page (not very visible)

My question is can a professional remove it using some sort of technique (eraser, cleaning, product) and it won't be considered restoration by CGC ?

Another question that I have is how will it affect the grade? This looks like a 7.0. Will it go down to a 6.5? 6.0?

Thanks for your help

228103159_s-l1600(6).thumb.jpg.19f42ce38f0b9352cdd56b5553a80bb1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Edited by migmtl76

A great deal of it can be removed safely without getting a conserved or restored grade. CGC lets a great deal of this slide as it was a common practice back in the day. This amount may have little to no impact (.5 at worst). It’s when the ink looks like it was poured on the book that CGC hammers it. 

10 minutes ago, joeypost said:

A great deal of it can be removed safely without getting a conserved or restored grade. CGC lets a great deal of this slide as it was a common practice back in the day. This amount may have little to no impact (.5 at worst). It’s when the ink looks like it was poured on the book that CGC hammers it. 

One day I'll show you gang an image of my Archie 50 that has about 1 1/2-2inches of blue saturated on,into the top.Much weeping and tears will be shed lol 

4 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Get to digging Mr. 

:popcorn:

05568039-188E-47F5-A08F-3A5C1137F101.gif

It's in one of the twenty to thirty unorganized mag boxes in the crypt lol I actually did dome digging this week,but I get so distracted.There's a lot of I know it'll turn up again someday books in there.I haven't seen my Strange Tales 110 in almost a decade lol but,it's there....

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

Does any one know of a company or an individual than can help me remove most of the overspray?

Thanks !

35 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

It's in one of the twenty to thirty unorganized mag boxes in the crypt lol I actually did dome digging this week,but I get so distracted.There's a lot of I know it'll turn up again someday books in there.I haven't seen my Strange Tales 110 in almost a decade lol but,it's there....

B90FAC93-A4B6-4152-891D-2759D6BF12FE.gif