• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con Photo Report(s) - October 2019
5 5

211 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

Here's my take. I had fun. What a great show!IMG_3295.thumb.jpg.a6f9a99c36c1e6e21429f9216ecfeb1f.jpg

great books! I remember perusing a few of them this weekend!

Someone had a nice VG- set of GI Janes that I think I went back and looked at 12 times during the show.... seems like something in your wheelhouse!

18 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I had never been to a big show before this weekend.  My experience was limited to small and local cons, and one horrible Wizard show.  I can't even quantify how fantastic this show was as a collector and comic fan.  I was able to snag super tough books, meet a ton of board members and IG community guys, and really get immersed in the experience.  Really had no downside to the whole event.  I will most definitely be back!

Specifically, @Zolnerowich, @comicjack, @Ricksneatstuff, and @RICK STARR were all total class!  Nice to put faces to names!

Back atcha!

First time I’ve been to this show. I thought it was a great show. Buying was great, crowd control and getting in and out was great. Most of the aisles were comfortably spaced out, although it did get a bit crowded sometimes.

There were many dealers I don’t get to see at Midwest shows. The big national dealers were there too. For what I was looking for, I thought pricing was good too (I wasn’t looking for keys.)

CGC on-site was very busy. I was in line very early Friday and got my books back early Sunday. It was the first time I checked on them, so they may have been done earlier. Brittany was a HUGE help getting me through quickly, even though two of the submission forms I had were ancient. The line seemed to be wrapped around their booth all day Friday. I haven’t heard if they had to cut it off at some point or not.

I was able to attend two dinners/drinks with boardies and that is always fun. One Canadian boardie made me drink way more than I was planning on Saturday night. Greggy didn’t make fun of the books I bought, except for the three he brought for me. That was a first.

I will definitely be going back again!

Thanks for the pictures 1Cool. They did a good job showing what books were at the show.

21 hours ago, miraclemet said:

The woman in the red blazer was working hard, especially on Friday. She did a great job, don't know her name but she was doing a great job dealing with all of us crazies...

That would be Brittany, best boss you can have!!!

10 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

I spotted the most over graded book in my life this weekend...

Shockingly enough it was used as the advertising banner for CGC's booth (you had one job to do... facepalm)

IMG_3274.thumb.jpg.43e593ce9f71d3ae7ad5d5dfc53667c9.jpg

My comics are in a lot better condition than I thought!  To think I would’ve graded that book a 7.5!!  But no, it’s a 9.2 which means most of my books are 9.8s and 9.9s.  Time to sell!! :banana:

12 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

I spotted the most over graded book in my life this weekend...

Shockingly enough it was used as the advertising banner for CGC's booth (you had one job to do... facepalm)

IMG_3274.thumb.jpg.43e593ce9f71d3ae7ad5d5dfc53667c9.jpg

:whatthe::makepoint:

3 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

My comics are in a lot better condition than I thought!  To think I would’ve graded that book a 7.5!!  But no, it’s a 9.2 which means most of my books are 9.8s and 9.9s.  Time to sell!! :banana:

Its a 6.5/7.0. Disgrace.

9 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

It's got a backing board behind it.  :gossip:

9 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I'll buy all your mega keys that look as nice as the IH1 for 7.5 grade prices.  It may have what you might consider prominent flaws for a 9.2 but the front cover looks like it was printed yesterday.

18 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

I'll buy all your mega keys that look as nice as the IH1 for 7.5 grade prices.  It may have what you might consider prominent flaws for a 9.2 but the front cover looks like it was printed yesterday.

I think this has to be a joke - like was said there is a backing board behind the IH 1 which makes me think its a raw copy in front of the slabbed book.