• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con Photo Report(s) - October 2019
5 5

211 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Did you drive it there or fly? Looks like the decision to only bring slabs paid off.

Great job.

We flew from Seattle and shipped our booth and slabs. It wasn't cheap, so thanks to everyone who picked something up :bigsmile:

Edited by shortboxed

On 10/22/2019 at 8:09 AM, 234wallst said:

I'll buy all your mega keys that look as nice as the IH1 for 7.5 grade prices.  It may have what you might consider prominent flaws for a 9.2 but the front cover looks like it was printed yesterday.

The general consensus was the book was a 6.5/7.0 max and NOBODY can understand the point of this giant marketing mistake on CGC's part.  When people start getting back there 6.5's and then take them to the booth and say they look like the 9.2 you have advertised as a 10 foot wall display, you are asking for trouble!!!

On 10/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, Wally's Comics said:

I spotted the most over graded book in my life this weekend...

Shockingly enough it was used as the advertising banner for CGC's booth (you had one job to do... facepalm)

IMG_3274.thumb.jpg.43e593ce9f71d3ae7ad5d5dfc53667c9.jpg

37 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

The general consensus was the book was a 6.5/7.0 max and NOBODY can understand the point of this giant marketing mistake on CGC's part.  When people start getting back there 6.5's and then take them to the booth and say they look like the 9.2 you have advertised as a 10 foot wall display, you are asking for trouble!!!

So the above is a legitimate picture of the CGC banner? Even though it looks like there is white paper/board behind the Hulk and not an interior loose microchamber?

51 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

LMAO...it's funny as I scoured this entire thread and Bob's booth seems to have been missed in this con report.

Jim

I actually thought the same thing since i usually get a couple pictures of his set up.  I believe he was in the middle and I kept getting turned around in the middle area and may have missed a couple guys.

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

So the above is a legitimate picture of the CGC banner? Even though it looks like there is white paper/board behind the Hulk and not an interior loose microchamber?

Where is the full image of the whole banner?  That's clearly a backing board behind the Hulk #1.  Calling nonsense on the post claiming this image was used by CGC in its advertising at the show.

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Where is the full image of the whole banner?  That's clearly a backing board behind the Hulk #1.  Calling nonsense on the post claiming this image was used by CGC in its advertising at the show.

You can call nonsense all you want but every attendee at the show that walked by CGC would have seen it.  It was around the corner from the "SLAB YOURSELF" banner.

We were told it was an outside marketing team that created the banner...whomever at cgc approved it should be fired for the cluster that will ensue.

16 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

You can call nonsense all you want but every attendee at the show that walked by CGC would have seen it.  It was around the corner from the "SLAB YOURSELF" banner.

We were told it was an outside marketing team that created the banner...whomever at cgc approved it should be fired for the cluster that will ensue.

I asked to see a picture of the signage in full with this image of the Hulk #1 on it.  No need to get testy

55 minutes ago, Sal said:

I'm curious how this could even happen unless the 3rd party was pranking CGC.  Did they grab the fake image off of E-Bay and run with it?  You would think CGC would personally provide a scan of a high price book for the advertisement but maybe someone got lazy.

Edited by 1Cool

12 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

Here's a balt show pic with some puzzled collectors next to it...

IMG_3275.thumb.jpg.fa166c7b0649ec34ab35eb041cb5eb37.jpg

Even though this CGC example is phony as a 3 dollar bill, this ad is FOR REAL!

What did BettyBates have it graded at via the pictures :)

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, 1Cool said:

DC58562D-B9B8-4ECB-93EA-6B971B98FE2C.jpeg

AFF7A832-8FA0-4F49-936C-CFA672FE32ED.jpeg

828F2D12-1695-4A23-8DD7-0275E334960E.jpeg

I hate unbagged and boarded $3 books. And it's not because there isn't good stuff in there. There often is. But by the time I get there I feel like every book is a grade or two lower after all that abuse.

23 minutes ago, the blob said:

I hate unbagged and boarded $3 books. And it's not because there isn't good stuff in there. There often is. But by the time I get there I feel like every book is a grade or two lower after all that abuse.

I usually agree but that booth was the exception.  They had so many nice books that people (like Joey I believe) where pulling out short boxes full of high grade bronze books even though they were unbagged and boarded.  Not sure how it physically was possible but i saw some of them and they looked very nice especially coming from those conditions.

23 hours ago, manetteska said:

It's a mock-up done for the banner, not an actual CGC 9.2 graded and slabbed Incredible Hulk #1.