• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con Photo Report(s) - October 2019
5 5

211 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, namisgr said:
On 10/23/2019 at 1:48 PM, manetteska said:

So the above is a legitimate picture of the CGC banner? Even though it looks like there is white paper/board behind the Hulk and not an interior loose microchamber?

It's a mock-up done for the banner, not an actual CGC 9.2 graded and slabbed Incredible Hulk #1.

Yep. Soon after I typed that out I figured it was something made up for the display, and probably 2 merged items (Hulk #1 and Hulk #1 CGC 9.2 case) rather than a legit item.

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I usually agree but that booth was the exception.  They had so many nice books that people (like Joey I believe) where pulling out short boxes full of high grade bronze books even though they were unbagged and boarded.  Not sure how it physically was possible but i saw some of them and they looked very nice especially coming from those conditions.

If you get there early. Definitely. I got an early crack at a guy at nycc years ago who had books like these and pulled a ton of gorgeous BA horror. Came back the next day when I had done some research and realized many were $20-30 copies in these grades and sadly the 9.2-9.6 books I had not bought were now VFs.

21 hours ago, the blob said:

If you get there early. Definitely. I got an early crack at a guy at nycc years ago who had books like these and pulled a ton of gorgeous BA horror. Came back the next day when I had done some research and realized many were $20-30 copies in these grades and sadly the 9.2-9.6 books I had not bought were now VFs.

For $3 a book it's hard to lose money buying them even if you haven't done your research.

I went through a couple boxes again on Saturday and there were still lots of NM 9.2-9.4+ bronze marvels in there.

3 hours ago, Timmay said:

For $3 a book it's hard to lose money buying them even if you haven't done your research.

I went through a couple boxes again on Saturday and there were still lots of NM 9.2-9.4+ bronze marvels in there.

This was 6 or 7 years ago. At the time I was not following BA marvel horror/monster book reprints. I had no idea high grade raw copies of even 20 and 25 centers were getting real money. I had always viewed them as bargain box fodder, but this guy had some really sharp ones, and a bunch of picture frames too, so I deviated from my normal buying and scooped them up.. So, for me, $3 seemed like a bit of a risk. I actually sold them here for $15-$30 a pop. There were some really nice red circle/morrow ones too. I also had no idea those were worth anything.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, Timmay said:

Apparently a big mistake I didn’t give these a look on Friday!  Does anyone know if any marvel price variants were pulled from these $3 boxes? 

1 hour ago, icp004 said:

Apparently a big mistake I didn’t give these a look on Friday!  Does anyone know if any marvel price variants were pulled from these $3 boxes? 

Yes, Timmay got a nice Conan one and a more trashed Hulk one.  

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

1Cool,

How come you didn't take any pictures of Bob's booth?  You covered all the other national dealers but not HighGradeComics.

Bob had some really good CGC wall books this year!

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/458961-baltimore-comic-con-photo-reports-october-2019/?do=findComment&comment=10904373

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

1Cool,

How come you didn't take any pictures of Bob's booth?  You covered all the other national dealers but not HighGradeComics.

He was afraid of you and your big muscles :sumo: 

19 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

1Cool,

Were you guys in the middle of the Con?  I kept getting turned around at Dan's booth and I'm sure I missed a couple booths - nothing personal since i know Bob brings the goods.

Yup,  those starbucks product placements really pay off

Highgradelicensing.com is in full swing

McDonald's,  the breakfast of comic dealers everywhere campaign is coming.

Hi ho, hi ho,  Scores is the way to go is in the works

Edited by blazingbob