• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Negative Zone is again Open for Business - A Short Box of the widest array of Junque I could find
2 2

129 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I just got a copy this year and am still beaming!While it wasn't free,it was a great price from a great seller.I share your joy!

Thread carpgradulations?! Looks like a pretty spiffy copy too,enjoy.See,someone reads your thread,and gives it a chatterbump to boot!

Thanks man, it's not in bad shape. There's some production creasing on the back and just general wear. It was in an old box out in a shed, so the polybag was filthy, but the book itself is probably around a 7.0. Not bad for free lol

Thanks for the bumperoo, now I will list some junk (that nobody will want)!

Ye Old Lore of Yore 1 [8.0 - $50.00]

First appearance of Cursed Pirate Girl; Jeremy Bastian & David Petersen (Mouse Guard). Book presents super well, but I'm having a hard time giving it a grade. Nearly all of the wear is on the spine in the form of both color breaking and non-color breaking spine tics. Pressing would help with the latter, but not the former, obviously. A very similar looking copy sold on eBay for $75 last week.

img369.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Gen 13 1-3 Signed Lot [$10.00]

So I bought a collection all kinds of years ago when I lived in Tucson and it came with a stack of signed books from various conventions, mostly of early Image creators (I listed NewMen earlier for free and nobody took it, lmao). Sigs were not witnessed, but I believe they are all legit. Problem is, I've no clue who signed them lol . It doesn't look like Lee or Campbell to me. Anyone know?

EA22948A-70D9-4526-8AA2-BDE852A7AFCA.jpeg

img370.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Doc Savage: Birds of Death [$70.00]

Overall, this is one solid, great looking pulp. The back cover has some problems (small piece missing at bottom and some rubbing/dirt), but in the grand scheme, she's purty, spine completely intact. October, 1941. I know there aren't a boatload of Doc fans left, but I'm one of 'em. This books lies super flat.

img371.jpg

img372.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Journey Into Fear 4 [1.0 - $30.00]

I have purchased nearly all of my PCH books off of the boards going back 10+ years, including this one. At first I just bought what I could afford, always low grade, usually not being too picky about the title. Then I began to be a little more choosy and have finally gotten to the point where I'm going to move some of my lower grade books that helped me get my GA collection started as I move into higher grades. I've got a small stack of these I'll be listing in the Gold forum, but here is a preview. No clue if it's really a 1.0, but seems close to me.

This one has a ton of flaws, including a boatload of tape on the spine and someone actually enforced the spine by sewing it lol (you can see the white thread in the scan). All that being said, I bought it for the cover and it displays decently. Aside from the ink in the 'F', the other stuff doesn't really distract too much from this more or less well presenting low grade PCHer. Definitely a 'get your foot in the door' book.

img288.jpg

I believe that may be it for the evening. Probably. Not sure if I'll be listing Thursday (depends on how work goes) but plan on hitting it hard this weekend. I'll likely keep this thread open and add more to it, along with the Gold sale. Not sure if I'll have enough energy to do the copper/moderns, & bronze/silver but maybe.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, Annihilus said:

Dark Side Magazine 99 [6.0 - $5.00]

Maybe a 7.0. Has a Re-animator inspired cover, but nothing related within from what I can see. Nice mag from the UK 11/2002 has a small price sticker on upper right hand corner. This is not a comic mag, but a horror slick like Fangoria or Rue Morgue, etc. Purchased off the rack by moi when I lived in Minnesota.

I just got to see Re-Animator on the big screen and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I don't really like the extended cut. They cut a lot of pretty dumb stuff to get to the theatrical release which was about perfect.

img350.jpg

:takeit:

When David Lost His Voice - [$5.00]

By Judith Vanistendael. It's been read a few times (very powerful story) and the binding isn't as tight as it once was, but still very solid and good for reading. A 275 page hardcover graphic novel for the price of a modern floppy. Craziness!!11!!

1B97C9EC-BDCA-472D-8004-EFC27A13A6CE.jpeg

Edited by Annihilus

The Shadow Double Novel Series 1-4 [$25.00]

All bagged and unread. These are actually very cool but I really need to pick and choose my battles and The Shadow pulp reprints are way down the list, so these have to go. I have a bunch of Doc Savage I may list as well.

562E174D-8C2E-40D5-9073-BBA5CFB99097.jpeg

Edited by Annihilus

Marvel & DC Treasury Starter Kit [$50.00]

Includes the books below. I'd consider splitting it into two lots if someone only wanted Marvel or DC. The Hulk treasury is in the best shape, a VF or so. The others are mid-grade. Batman has a couple of small pieces of tape on the spine for no reason that I can deduce (it doesn't look like it's repairing any damage).

BA067DA2-BBF8-473B-8F1E-A52468B15AA9.jpeg

Edited by Annihilus

Daredevil 228-229 [8.0 - $10.00]

Pretty sharp copies, though both have slight diagonal corner creases through the outside bottom corner of the book that you can't see on the front cover (likely from stuffing in a box in a raw condition, I'd guess from experience). I'm guessing these would press out. Slight stacking rub on white back covers.

img377.jpg

img378.jpg

17 hours ago, Annihilus said:

Gen 13 1-3 Signed Lot [$10.00]

So I bought a collection all kinds of years ago when I lived in Tucson and it came with a stack of signed books from various conventions, mostly of early Image creators (I listed NewMen earlier for free and nobody took it, lmao). Sigs were not witnessed, but I believe they are all legit. Problem is, I've no clue who signed them lol . It doesn't look like Lee or Campbell to me. Anyone know?

EA22948A-70D9-4526-8AA2-BDE852A7AFCA.jpeg

img370.jpg

Alex Garner maybe....

9 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

Alex Garner maybe....

Yeah, could be. The confusing part is the '.' in the sig., because it's definitely not Campbell. Pretty sure it's not Choi either, so probably Garner or some 3rd grader they had sitting at the table lol

So I'm going to hijack my own thread with a question about pedigrees. Maybe someone will know.

I've got a copy of Tales of Suspense 92 (Boston pedigree, old label) that last sold in 2008 for $145 (I got it here on the boards from the person that purchased it at that price, Grails, who used to run contests and give away slabs back in the day). A regular 9.2 sold this year for $114, eleven years after I got my copy, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless....are pedigreed books that big of a difference in price from those that aren't? Or did it just depreciate in price? On the flip side, the Twin Cities 9.2 copy sold for $263 in 2017. Anyway, if anyone knows, please threadkrud away!

Also, I found these but I'm not sure I want to sell them. The Squa Tront 10 and EC Fan-Addict magazine are in super high grade (at least super high grade for my collection, lol ). Even if I don't list them, they are still sweet to check out:

0046700D-DF03-4EF2-9C3A-8518F6AAD6DD.jpeg

Edited by Annihilus