• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Negative Zone is again Open for Business - A Short Box of the widest array of Junque I could find
2 2

129 posts in this topic

Amazing Stories March 1930 - $50.00

I love pulps. I have a couple of hundred, mostly Weird Tales, Doc Savage, Planet Stories and whatever has cool covers (Finlay, Bok, etc.). While I have spent considerable coin over the years, I do not pretend to be able to grade them like I can comics...so when I purchased all of my pulps it was with a focus towards eye appeal and affordability rather than the technical grade (much like my PCH collecting sensibilities).

This book is very solid structurally and you can page through it without fear. Wear is general with about an inch and a half of the spine covering at the bottom missing (very common in pulps). I cannot be positive because I am not familiar with how pulps were put together, but when looking at the inside where the cover meets the spine, it looks like there may be some dabs of glue...but it's old enough that I can't tell if it's production or resto. I've tried to price accordingly.

You can a.) find cheaper copies of this and b.) find copies in better condition, but I'll bet that you can't c.) find a copy in better condition for cheaper. As far as eye appeal goes, this one is up there. Anyway, here she is.

img347.jpg

Comics Interview Super Special (1993): Sandman [7.5 - $5.00]

It's probably nicer than a 7.5 and looks to never have been read, but there's some wear there, so. Very tight binding. Cover painting by Steve Fabian (I thought it was Suydam at first glance).

img348.jpg

Do Anything - Jack Kirby Ripped My Flesh by Warren Ellis

Ok, so this book is suddenly not for sale before I even listed it. After scanning, I realized that I've never read it and it looks pretty funny. It'll only be $2.00 once I sell it, but I have to read it first lol

I always get super annoyed when people 'pull something from the sale' because they ultimately end up listing it anyway, usually at the same too high price they were asking for it in the first place. I've seen the same book 'pulled from the sale' a half dozen times (usually repeaters).

This one will be $2.00. Or less. If I try charging you $3.00, point to this post and you can have it for free. Now that's satisfaction guaranteed.

Caveat: when I can afford $10K books you bet your azz that I will pull them from any sale that I like ;)

Now that's how you threadcarp. Over a $2.00 book. The boards have gotten lazy.

Will you submit a report on the pulled book to let us know what we're getting?It's cold up here in Ontarioland and I crave entertainment.

Just letting you know,even if it's only me(and I see you lurking Gene)threadcarp mafia reperesento!:sumo:

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Will you submit a report on the pulled book to let us know what we're getting?It's cold up here in Ontarioland and I crave entertainment.

Just letting you know,even if it's only me(and I see you lurking Gene)threadcarp mafia reperesento!:sumo:

Here is the book in question that neither you nor anyone else may have until I decide to list it for an hour at 3 a.m. before pulling it again. lol I'll submit some type of review when I throw it up (of course it will be the best thing I've ever read, I mean I'm trying to sell it).

Ok, I really need to try selling something now.

img349.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I love this thread lol 

if I wasn't broke arse and shipping ridiculous to Canada,I'd buy something,I swear.I might even,never know,it's happened before

It's been eight years since I've shipped up there but remember doing it for around $15. 

I'm guessing prices have gone up though. I know that I certainly can't get a decent L.B. Cole at 2011 prices anymore 😂

I have to grab some more stuff for the scanning, so will be a few. I have already scanned stuff but I'm bored with that pile so need to refresh it. Maybe I'll list some comics since it's been pretty light on those here. I do have a few more HCs though (Jaime/Gilbert Hernandez and a couple of early ACG reprint volumes from PS).

25 minutes ago, Annihilus said:

It's been eight years since I've shipped up there but remember doing it for around $15. 

I'm guessing prices have gone up though. I know that I certainly can't get a decent L.B. Cole at 2011 prices anymore 😂

Yeah,18.50$ minimum 😥Sometimes I have to bite the bullet,though it does keep me from buying a lot of cheaper stuff.whinge.Moan.Kick dirt,shake fist at clouds.

The prices on Cole break my heart too.I may never get Love From a Gorgon now :p At least we were buying them and pch in 11 and before B|

Dark Side Magazine 99 [6.0 - $5.00] :news: SOLD to SpudsOnAHalfShell!

Maybe a 7.0. Has a Re-animator inspired cover, but nothing related within from what I can see. Nice mag from the UK 11/2002 has a small price sticker on upper right hand corner. This is not a comic mag, but a horror slick like Fangoria or Rue Morgue, etc. Purchased off the rack by moi when I lived in Minnesota.

I just got to see Re-Animator on the big screen and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I don't really like the extended cut. They cut a lot of pretty dumb stuff to get to the theatrical release which was about perfect.

Spoiler

img350.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Adventures Into The Unknown HC Vol. 1 - $25.00

I typically do not sell collected editions once I have them, but I've just never been able to get into the ACG books (except for Herbie, I love that quirky bast!ch). So I have a couple of volume ones to pawn off on some lucky ACG fan who has put off buying them (probably zero of those people in this thread).

I'm sure I'll regret selling these one day, but that day is not today. They probably won't sell, but you know what I mean.

img353.jpg

1 hour ago, Annihilus said:

The Origins of Marvel Comics and Bring on the Bad Guys [Readers - $12.00]

Consider both of these readers and you'll be happy. Origins is in the better shape of the two with some staining and crumpling LRHC, but otherwise super solid. Bad Guys looks the same at first glance, but the cover had been detached some time in the past and reattached with tape. But as far as readers go, here ya are. I'll bet I've owned two dozen copies of Bring on the Bad Guys in the past forty years. Love that book.

269C6EA8-F31A-4DE8-850C-D0B4C157F826.jpeg

:takeit:

Luba HC - $20.00 :news: Sold to n2wdw!

$40 cover, half off. This is a substantial (i.e.: thick) hardcover, with 595 pages. Typical Hernandez Love & Rockets greatness. The picture looks like there are particulates in the scan, but that is part of the cover design.

Spoiler

img351.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Not For Sale

Am I the only one that has never seen this Frazetta cover before? It's not a comic, but rather the dust jacket from the 1987 printing of the novels by Doubleday. Got mine for $8.00 and you can find it online for not too bad.

1DFDD33B-47AD-4FA1-A1FA-B182A9ECD655.jpeg

Edited by Annihilus

New Men 1 - This Stupid Comic is Free

This symbolizes an era where I hated comics so much that I quit collecting for about four years (the early Image era, Spider Clones, a zillion different special covers). I came back when Marvel Zombies came out.

Anyway, this Image comic...New Men (or is it Newmen?) is signed by someone. I don't know who and don't really care. It came with a whole bunch of others signed by Liefeld, Portacio, Lee, and Larsen. I'm guessing it's the artist, but who knows.

Free to one unlucky person who has already purchased something, or if it's still here (very likely) for anyone that buys something coming up.

My freebies are usually better, I promise. I'm still getting back up on the horse.

img355.jpg

1 hour ago, Annihilus said:

Here is the book in question that neither you nor anyone else may have until I decide to list it for an hour at 3 a.m. before pulling it again. lol I'll submit some type of review when I throw it up (of course it will be the best thing I've ever read, I mean I'm trying to sell it).

Ok, I really need to try selling something now.

img349.jpg

I'll take it, if you decide to sell for $2