• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers #48 (second copy)
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Here is my second copy of Avengers 48.

I posted my first copy here yesterday and consensus was a 6.0 to 6.5 grade.

I'm hoping you guys think this one is a better grade. Also do you think the pages look white?

Thanks for your help !

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

6 minutes ago, Arak Zantara said:

I am curious ... do you know if it has been trimmed? also this book has potential with some TLC maybe and 8... damn weird staple 

Good points you make

Trimmed on the right side?

If it was trimmed how can I tell ?

If the staples were replaced lets say I could I tell ?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Arak Zantara said:

I am curious ... do you know if it has been trimmed? also this book has potential with some TLC maybe and 8... damn weird staple 

I noticed the margin on the right side of the pages (see pics) gets narrower as you go up the page. Could that be a sign of trimming ?

30 minutes ago, Arak Zantara said:

sorry I went to take some pictures and my camera battery was dead... so I did the cell phone. will post in a sec

yes yes trimmed. that staple wasn't replaced imo just a weird placement

Could it be that the comic was just badly cut on the production lin ? The one on left has more black to the right of the banner (see bottom of the page)  However on the top the tip of the horse's wing is cut (which is not the cas on the right side)

Also, is it possible to have a same book a little less wide than another copy with no trimming ?

I will try to find more examples.

8 minutes ago, Arak Zantara said:

sure anything is possible but that is a very big gap for it to have been production just MHO

If it was badly cut during production (not straight), then the left side would not be so perfectly aligned correct?

Meaning in the back some of the front part would show.