• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
3 3

21 posts in this topic

Yes, it's in rough shape (aka well-loved). There is about a 0.5" spine split at the very bottom of the cover along with a 1.5" - 2" above that, along with a 0.25" split at the top of the spine. I also believe there is a slight tear near the mid-left-hand side of the cover. The spine does pull away from the book at the top left when the book is opened; of course, the staples don't fasten that part of the book together. Staples are firmly attached. If it came back at 2.0 - 2.5, it would be a $375 - $500 book.

Your impressions are always appreciated.

Joe

ASMAnnual01.jpg

ASMAnnual02.jpg

ASMAnnual03.JPG

ASMAnnual04.JPG

ASMAnnual05.JPG

ASMAnnual06.JPG

ASMAnnual07.JPG

ASMAnnual08.JPG

ASMAnnual09.JPG

ASMAnnual10.JPG

ASMAnnual11.JPG

ASMAnnual12.JPG

I'd call it a 1.8, but price it like a 2.0 …. that is such a cool comic, easily one of my top 5 ASM stories, maybe not as sophisticated as newer books, but certainly inspired. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

When I was a kid back in the 60's and I saw this book/cover for the first time I said "WOW!!!!", all of those villains/characters in one book and the cover is Amazing!!!

One of my favorite All Time Covers and this book is a Gem in any grade.

IMO this "Well Loved Book" is a...

2.0 GOOD (GD):  Back to Top
Shows substantial wear; often considered a "reading copy." Cover shows significant wear and may even be detached. Cover reflectivity is low and in some cases completely absent. Book-length creases and dimples may be present. Rounded corners are more common. Moderate soiling, staining, discoloration and foxing may be present. The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, although some Silver Age books such as 1960s Marvels have had the price corner box clipped from the top left front cover and may be considered Good if they would otherwise have graded higher. Tape and other forms of amateur repair are common in Silver Age and older books. Spine roll is likely. May have up to a 2" spine split. Staples may be degraded, replaced or missing. Moderate staple tears and stress lines may be present, as well as rust migration. Paper is brown but not brittle. Centerfold may be loose or detached. Moderate interior tears may be present

On 10/20/2019 at 8:10 PM, jimjum12 said:

I'd call it a 1.8, but price it like a 2.0 …. that is such a cool comic, easily one of my top 5 ASM stories, maybe not as sophisticated as newer books, but certainly inspired. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Not sophisticated is what I LOVE about Gold/Silver books and why I enjoy collecting/reading them.

When I need to unwind I want a book/tv show that entertains/relaxes me but one that I do not have to think to hard about to follow what is going on, that to me is not relaxing, Gold/Silver Comic Books and TV Sitcoms, sit back, relax and enjoy.

8 hours ago, BigDaddy1 said:

2.5 for me. Good find!

Actually, this is been my collection for quite some time. I had just noticed how the price of this book had increased, so I dug it out of one of my long boxes.

I think 3.0 is too optimistic, and I hope 2.0 is too pessimistic. If I got a 2.5, I would be happy!

Joe