• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Blue Label Books - New Superhero Label Series
2 2

55 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Question has been answered here this is not a change in labels but rather a mistake: 

Not really since the books I have seen clearly say they are restored, not conserved, on the slab. The issue is limited directly to the new slabs with the superhero themed graphics. I cant see how this is an error since it is limited to those series, and all of the restored in those series are treated in the same way. 

Edited by Stefan_W

10 hours ago, Stefan_W said:

Not really since the books I have seen clearly say they are restored, not conserved, on the slab. The issue is limited directly to the new slabs with the superhero themed graphics. I cant see how this is an error since it is limited to those series, and all of the restored in those series are treated in the same way. 

The books posted in this thread say 'universal' in the header of the label but have resto noted...

On 10/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, James J Johnson said:

Most of the entire world is a gimmick. Get rid of all the gimmicks and after that, you can compress what remains of the world down to the size of a golf ball. :gossip: 

That aside, I usually don't like gimmicks, but IMO, the artistic labels are a winner. Very nice. We are comic book fans, right?

And an oversight can occur with any label, plain or otherwise.

I dont know about the size of a golf ball as the earth and the rocks, water, organic matter even compacted is much bigger than a golf ball.... lol :baiting:

just busting your chops... by the way.

ive seen this before a few months ago someone mentioned it in another thread and I created another one about if the new superhero labels "marvel" ones dont have a purple "variant" for restored books. so this is not the first or second time this has come up. 

On 11/8/2019 at 3:43 PM, Krismusic said:

ive seen this before a few months ago someone mentioned it in another thread and I created another one about if the new superhero labels "marvel" ones dont have a purple "variant" for restored books. so this is not the first or second time this has come up. 

I bumped that thread in Comics General with a link to this thread and some samples, hopefully a few people will see it before it gets buried by garbage posts.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

CGC Confirmed that there is such a thing as a blue conserved label. That makes things rather confusing.

image.gif

All conserved labels are blue. They have a grey strip across the top that says conserved.

Here's another one.

image.png.22ab0482c87c81498ca448de173da3e5.png

I found it in this old CGC announcement: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/4030/

Introduction of the Conservation Scale
Specific repairs done to improve the structural integrity and long-term preservation of a comic book will now be classified as “conservation” and designated with a blue / purple label. These repairs include tear seals, support, staple replacement, piece reattachment and certain kinds of cleaning.

Looks like an early version of the now blue/grey format that they've since done away with. Perhaps due to the stigma of purple? That's just me guessing though.

@Brittany M. Can you shed any light?

Edited by Foley

On 10/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, The-Collector said:

It is more common than you'd think. This book is currently on Comic Connect:

hor1.175a (1).jpg

Yipes!

On 10/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, DST said:

Another example on ebay right now...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2a11f395f1a8c744bad81b3404a0c562.jpg

Yipes! Yowew!

On 10/24/2019 at 1:11 PM, UncleBEN said:

And another....