• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fundraiser for CGC Grader Paul Litch! RECAP PAGE 7... Current donation total = $3,377!
11 11

160 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, comicsyte95 said:

I want to help out Paul I don’t know him but he sounds like a nice guy.

i have $60 put up in PayPal .Can someone accept a friend payment and then donate it on the page.

my apologies I didn’t donate it quicker

Very kind of you, mate. PM on the way!

On 10/26/2019 at 10:37 AM, Point Five said:

BATMAN ADVENTURES ANNUAL #1 in 9.6. Joker story with the 3rd ever appearance of Harley Quinn! Hard to believe this book is now 25 years old. Stunning copy, sharp corners and looks every bit a 9.8 from the front.

$40  $32  

US shipping on me; will ship int'l at cost.

batadvsann1.jpg.f3aad046ec27f61b0ddf77853c23fe58.jpg

Reduced to $32!

SOUTHERN BASTARDS #1-20, avg. 9.6. A complete first print set of one of my favorite modern series. Killer writing and art; strongly recommended. Attractive high grade set; most are 9.6 or better.

$50 $40  SOLD

US shipping on me; int'l at cost tho would be pricey.

IMG_1366.thumb.JPG.a11a6c570410716237ff14f35a3d1e16.JPG

Edited by Point Five

On 10/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, paperheart said:

$110 shipped US

CT (shrug) Maybe right below where wing last touches spine.  Need Lizard's eyes to find it

Slabs- Brave & the Bold #51 cgc Q9.2.jpg

Post a scan that is not redonkuliously small, and I might be able to tell you...., :baiting: 

On 10/26/2019 at 12:52 PM, Ze-man said:

I totally agree, we are forever grateful to the CGC Board Community for all the support, and financial help we received when my son was Diagnosed with COATS years ago.  And while I haven t been online at all in recent years, not a week goes by I don't think about this goofy place and boardies that opened the world of Comic Books to me. 

Paul was among those early on at CGC who was not only nice to me, but went out of his way to help a "new guy" find his way.   So if ever there was a guy who deserves some help..it's Paul.  I wish you all the best in your full recovery Paul.

I have for auction a Disney Animation Cel.  All sales going to Pauls GoFunme.

This was given to my Daughter(Ellen) by the immortal Nikos.  I had bought several comics from Nik over the years, became friends, he knew of my ellens love of Disney and literally shipped this cel to me for Ellens room.  Wouldn't let me pay for it of course.  Typical Nikos!

Having no idea of its real value aside from it being an animation Cel, Value is hard to determine because of the Nikos factor.   

So if its ok with the Boards,  I will start bidding at $100 with $25 incremental bids. With bidding ending Ending 24 hours from this post.   Or a BIN of $500 if you wanna step up and help Paul!

Thanks to all involved and feel better Paul!!

Kenny

Kenny, the last bid I see on the animation cel was $300 from @EmilC so I am assuming he is the winner? Please get in touch with him to work out the shipping.

I'll add that amount to our total unless I hear otherwise...

Thanks again for the generous donation.  :foryou:

Jon

Recap!  :sumo: 
(If any books here are since sold or no longer available, just let me know.)

---

Page 3

All-Flash Comics #8 San Francisco Copy CGC 9.6 White Pages -- $8000

Monsters Unleashed #1 NM- 9.2 -- $75

Page 4

Dracula Lives #1 VF 8.0 -- $58

Tales of The Zombie #1 VF/NM 9.0 -- $120

Timely GGA reader lot: Nellie the Nurse #16, Tessie the Typist #18 FRGD -- $50 shipped US

Page 5

Brave & The Bold #51 CGC 9.2 Apparent -- $110 shipped US

Page 6

BATMAN ADVENTURES ANNUAL #1 in 9.6 -- $32 

Classic  Comics #10 First Print HRN 10 -- $200 

March of Crime #7 (#1) -- $50 

X-Men #143 9.2, #167 9.0, #200 9.0 -- $40

8 Eddie Campbell OGNs -- 3 hardcover and 5 softcover, 1 signed -- $35

Hellboy: The Art of Hellboy softcover & Jack Kirby Collector 24 -- $35

Page 7

EERIE #48 8.0 -- $35 

Thunda #4 -- $60

Edited by Point Five

I'm in for this, as I can empathise. Luckily here in the UK all this kind of treatment is paid for by the National Health Service,.

Similar grades for this @ MCS go for around $70, but as this has a severer miswrap $60 buys it , shipping, whereever you are is on me, and will be sent signed for. P.M. me your details once you've donated to GoFundMe. Cheers.

image.thumb.png.5e026f4e447fb2d844d19950cd13bc57.png

The scan makes the back cover look whiter than it is.

image.thumb.png.1d1c6046528fba19c128a55cab6548f5.png

Edited by Gnasher

On 10/22/2019 at 8:49 AM, Timely said:

To help Paul,  I will put up the San Francisco Copy of All-Flash Comics #8 CGC 9.6 White Pages for $8000, of which $3000 will go to Paul's fundraiser.  The SF is by far the Highest Graded Copy.  The pages couldn't be any whiter!!! The Mile High Copy of #8 is only a restored CGC 7.0.

For comparison, I used to own the San Francisco Copy of All-Flash Comics #10 CGC 9.6 & it sold way back in 2004 for $8050!

Hope this helps!

West

allflash8SFCopy.jpg

Pretty nice West, pretty nice...  (worship)

On 10/25/2019 at 12:30 PM, namisgr said:

100% of the proceeds go to Paul.  Shipping is free.

• Adventures of Bob Hope #4
  • DC Comics, 1950
  • cgc 7.5 ow/w
  • $175

Great photocover of America's funnyman.  Alone as the second highest graded copy in the census, topped by a single 8.0.

BobHope4cgc.thumb.jpg.52e2b90783e74d26ffb7c0e985c24968.jpg

This book is a steal.  I'm surprised it's still here.  I mean, how often do you see a comic where Bob has a mustache? lol

Hi all, Rich_Henn has started a fundraiser thread for Paul over in Copper/Modern with some amazing Sig Series books. Check it out and give it some love!

Edited by Point Five

On 10/29/2019 at 10:45 PM, Point Five said:

Kenny, the last bid I see on the animation cel was $300 from @EmilC so I am assuming he is the winner? Please get in touch with him to work out the shipping.

I'll add that amount to our total unless I hear otherwise...

Thanks again for the generous donation.  :foryou:

Jon

Thanks - All set on fundme. Speedy recovery to Paul!!!