• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Shops to hit in Los Angeles?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

I never even look in the bins at comic shops anymore. But Comics Factory in Pasadena has a great selection of artists editions and other large oversized hardcovers. Never been to A Shop Called Quest in LA but the one in Riverside is one of my favorite comic shops

13 hours ago, AndrewCup said:

I'll be in Thousand Oaks this weekend - anything of interest in that area? 

By the way, who did I pis_  off to zero my post count?

Seth's comics in Ventura is having a buy one get one free on comics on saturday for the halloween comic fest. They have a decent amount of keys in their showcase. I'm not sure if the other local shops have a sale that day.

An other cool shop to check it if you want to drive a little bit in the other direction is Speros.

Sandy's Sex Toy, Plumbing Supply and Comic Book Emporium in West Hollywood.

Unbutton your pants, walk in backwards and tell them Domo Spankbottom sent you.  Sandy will know what to do from there.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:04 AM, Fiddy said:

Jeff is a good guy.   He'll work with you on the price of his books.   I've purchased a lot of books from him in the past.  He gets a little grouchy sometimes but once he takes a few hits from his pipe he mellows down quickly.

I'm surprised that the lights are on in his store on the pics. Every time I go there its dark. 

On 10/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, dupont2005 said:

I never even look in the bins at comic shops anymore. But Comics Factory in Pasadena has a great selection of artists editions and other large oversized hardcovers. Never been to A Shop Called Quest in LA but the one in Riverside is one of my favorite comic shops

a shop called quest in downtown in that god-awful soviet bloc era  housing complex is just new stuff.I'd much rather spend time in the vegatarian restaraunt next door that my wife drags me to. Good art bookstore just down the block, tho. Watch out for human turd paddies on the sidewalk

Edited by NoMan

35 minutes ago, NoMan said:

a shop called quest in downtown in that god-awful soviet bloc era  housing complex is just new stuff.I'd much rather spend time in the vegatarian restaraunt next door that my wife drags me to. Good art bookstore just down the block, tho. Watch out for human turd paddies on the sidewalk

L.A. :cloud9:

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I haven’t been in a comic shop that had a good selection of back issues since the 90’s, and even then it was overpriced and the selection was just okay. If I want to buy back issues I go to eBay. But ASCQ has local small press and self published stuff and a huge selection of premium hardcovers. It’s nice to pick one up and crack it Open and get a feel for the binding and the pages and the print quality and all that before dropping $80 on one on Amazon 

13 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I haven’t been in a comic shop that had a good selection of back issues since the 90’s, and even then it was overpriced and the selection was just okay. If I want to buy back issues I go to eBay. But ASCQ has local small press and self published stuff and a huge selection of premium hardcovers. It’s nice to pick one up and crack it Open and get a feel for the binding and the pages and the print quality and all that before dropping $80 on one on Amazon 

wait a second. You touch all the merchandise then leave and buy it cheaper on amazon?  

Edited by NoMan

8 hours ago, NoMan said:

wait a second. You touch all the merchandise then leave and buy it cheaper on amazon?  

No, I purchase from the stores mentioned. I might do that if the price difference was $50 or more though.