• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a person to run the Holiday Raffle
3 3

48 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals! :hi: 

I started running the Holiday Gift Exchange and the Holiday Raffle 8 years ago.  Many of you know, I had stepped back from doing the Gift Exchange part of it a few years ago (thank you @GiftGuardian_nyc and @HollyJollyOne

In my first couple of years, I had some help from @Ze-Holiday-migration and his elves.  Eventually they retired and I discovered a couple of other elves to take over picking the names for the draw.  

Now, I might be able to persuade these little elves to do the draw again, but HolidayHam is getting old and doesn't want to run the raffle and the prize picking anymore.  

Any volunteers? :angel:  

I can offer some assistance to get you started, if needed.  (FYI: The gift exchange typically begins in November, so people receive their gifts before Hanukah/Christmas and the raffle typically starts on Boxing Day)

Thanks in advance!

-HH

In the old days, the technical part of the raffle involved people submitting a form ranking their top choices. Frequently, there were over 100 prize lots. When I did the raffle, we did it like a sports draft... I used a digital ranking form that people could fill out online.

With the 21st Pick in the 20__ Raffle, etc. ____ finds her 5th ranked prize still available and chooses LOT 16: ___________________________________________

To make it go faster and not have people on the clock, people needed to submit their ranked forms or actually be there LIVE.

Otherwise. after the elves pick the raffle order, it's much like the way the FINAL RANKING Prize drawing went after the Grading Contest.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

lol While I appreciate the vote of confidence I have way too much going on right now and for the foreseeable future.   I STILL have not even sent my books out to Florida.  I've just been concentrating on clearing out more stuff and getting things done while swamped with nonsense. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I plan on getting first pick in the raffle this year and since it will look like the fix is in if I volunteer to run it as well I will have to wait and watch someone else step up to the plate; someone unlike myself, who is destined for 2019 raffle greatness. :acclaim:

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

I plan on getting first pick in the raffle this year and since it will look like the fix is in if I volunteer to run it as well I will have to wait and watch someone else step up to the plate; someone unlike myself, who is destined for 2019 raffle greatness. :acclaim:

You just want Greggy's box. 

Wait... I don't think that sounds right...