• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC third party authority
2 2

94 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

So....you want accountability on pricing?

Please explain...

CD6004B8-E23A-4E51-B878-34EFFA53ED6E.jpeg

$250 for XForce 11 same dealer same show everytime, with an accurate price guide he wouldn't get away with that, how could he justify his pricing?

Edited by Hollywood1892

Didn’t read all the posts, but CGC has no bearing (nor should they) in market pricing.  
The ridiculous premiums paid for a .2 upgrade (in the 9-10 range) is a result of “us” (collectors) paying those premiums to show who has the biggest weenie.

6 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Didn’t read all the posts, but CGC has no bearing (nor should they) in market pricing.  
The ridiculous premiums paid for a .2 upgrade (in the 9-10 range) is a result of “us” (collectors) paying those premiums to show who has the biggest weenie.

I thank you

7 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m lost 

To be honest...I thought it was a nice video, wanted to see what people thought about the video. I couldn't care either way about who sets pricing, I haven't bought a comic in months, nor do I care to buy one anytime soon....

There is much more important things in life than what the price of a piece of paper is....and people running around losing their minds over it is baffling to me.

I posted a video of some dude talking about paper and averaged a response per minute over it, like people were babysitting me....

Edited by Hollywood1892

37 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

The ridiculous premiums paid for a .2 upgrade (in the 9-10 range) is a result of “us” (collectors) paying those premiums to show who has the biggest smallest weenie.

Fixed. :whistle:

It always comes down to the old mantra, “Buy what you like, that you can afford”. If you can/want to pay that 9.8 premium, have at it.  

Don’t blame the grading service that you’re paying 2X+ for a 9.8 book vs a 9.6.  95% of the comic collecting population couldn’t tell the difference. 

51 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I thought it was who IS the biggest weenie...

hm