• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boards much more calmer now
5 5

287 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, kav said:

When i joined in 2013 it was a free for all!  New members were attacked viscously! Many left immediately.  The things that were allowable back then were unbelievable.  Many of those that enjoyed such sport dont come around much any more.  The mods get a lot of heat but they have really accomplished a lot.  Things used to get so heated and for dozens of pages-unless someone offered to 'meet up' to 'discuss it', there wasnt much moderation.  Hey I've been moderated a fair amount in the past but mostly I would have to say they were fair calls.  The environment overall is much better than the old days.

You just better watch yourself!

i've tried to take it easy, there are still times that i don't want to or have regretted posting...

i do agree for the most part!

there have been less gif filled threads too, which has been nice...

i guess the grading contest zapped our energy lol 

still trying to be upbeat for the holidays :) looking forward to some frivolity...

23 minutes ago, kav said:

When i joined in 2013 it was a free for all!  New members were attacked viscously! Many left immediately.  The things that were allowable back then were unbelievable.  Many of those that enjoyed such sport dont come around much any more.  The mods get a lot of heat but they have really accomplished a lot.  Things used to get so heated and for dozens of pages-unless someone offered to 'meet up' to 'discuss it', there wasnt much moderation.  Hey I've been moderated a fair amount in the past but mostly I would have to say they were fair calls.  The environment overall is much better than the old days.

:blahblah:

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

:blahblah:

You just better watch yourself!

Also, this is not a sentence.

I would say name calling and arguing in general in the entire world at large inevitably leads down an ideological or political rabbit hole much more now than it did before.  And for that reason, ironically people are a little bit more circumspect about invectives in this community, AND mods are a little more apt to get involved at an earlier stage.  And/or people get all their aggression and stress out in other avenues.

With that being said, if you want some adversarialness, there's some to be found in the Movie section.  I think the Captain Marvel thread should do the trick.

* Please note:  The above statement, while mentioning politics, was not actually politics, nor was any political opinion expressed.

10 minutes ago, revat said:

I would say name calling and arguing in general in the entire world at large inevitably leads down an ideological or political rabbit hole much more now than it did before.  And for that reason, ironically people are a little bit more circumspect about invectives in this community, AND mods are a little more apt to get involved at an earlier stage.  And/or people get all their aggression and stress out in other avenues.

With that being said, if you want some adversarialness, there's some to be found in the Movie section.  I think the Captain Marvel thread should do the trick.

* Please note:  The above statement, while mentioning politics, was not actually politics, nor was any political opinion expressed.

The NFL thread in the water cooler forum is perfectly suited for venting 🤬 :frustrated:

Or maybe I should refer to it as the "flag football" league thread...just sayin :whistle:

10 minutes ago, adampasz said:

This seems like the only safe place left on the internet.

Twitter showed the incident in Mexico over the weekend Yikes!!

And there is this site called documentingreality double yikes.

There is some crazy :censored: on the internet.

Remember that song by filter called "nice shot" yeah well what that song is based on is on there

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

It’s not that it got calmer. Just many users put you on ignore (:

:cloud9: