• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boards much more calmer now
5 5

287 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, kav said:

When i joined in 2013 it was a free for all!  New members were attacked viscously! Many left immediately.  The things that were allowable back then were unbelievable.  Many of those that enjoyed such sport dont come around much any more.  The mods get a lot of heat but they have really accomplished a lot.  Things used to get so heated and for dozens of pages-unless someone offered to 'meet up' to 'discuss it', there wasnt much moderation.  Hey I've been moderated a fair amount in the past but mostly I would have to say they were fair calls.  The environment overall is much better than the old days.

It's also helpful for people to refuse the bait when it's dangled in front of you. 

I've avoided lots of drama by keeping my mouth shut...at least whenever possible. 

18 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My first thread on the board...as @Domo Arigato and @Transplant can attest...I came in with both guns blazing, ranting about eBay sellers (I know, shock.)

I instantly got a pile-on. The lesson? I learned that this board wasn't filled with pushovers who would pat me on the head and say "there, there...show me on the doll where the bad seller tried to put his ding'd up comics." That if I was going to be brash and bold, I could expect it in return. Much respect.

Especially from ShoNuff... :whistle:

(and if you don't know who ShoNuff is...you might be a newb. Time for some Soothing Newb Relief™.)

I'll never forget when we were arguing once...

I told you that you were right. 

You didn't know how to respond to THAT. lol 

5 minutes ago, newshane said:

It's also helpful for people to refuse the bait when it's dangled in front of you. 

I've avoided lots of drama by keeping my mouth shut...at least whenever possible. 

and just because your paranoid, don't mean they're not after you lol 

I wish everyone would suck it up and get along though :foryou: idk bigger problems it seems and all that, but I'm not perfect either by any means....

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, post counts shouldn't mean diddly.  Not when there are (were) people who would post over a hundred times a day, basically just shouting "look at me, look at me!"  Where's the attention whore meme?

:whatthe:   (worship)

50 minutes ago, newshane said:

lol 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

We're all 47 now rather than hot headed 30somethings?

Hey, speak for yourself. I'm only 42, and don't look a day over 73.

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Hey, speak for yourself. I'm only 42, and don't look a day over 73.

This board is where GenXers (the generation that does not actually exist according to most news articles...it's like 10 or 12 years worth of people do not exist!)  go to die.

2 hours ago, newshane said:
20 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My first thread on the board...as @Domo Arigato and @Transplant can attest...I came in with both guns blazing, ranting about eBay sellers (I know, shock.)

I instantly got a pile-on. The lesson? I learned that this board wasn't filled with pushovers who would pat me on the head and say "there, there...show me on the doll where the bad seller tried to put his ding'd up comics." That if I was going to be brash and bold, I could expect it in return. Much respect.

Especially from ShoNuff... :whistle:

(and if you don't know who ShoNuff is...you might be a newb. Time for some Soothing Newb Relief™.)

Oh please.

Do you really think I don't have a response for everything...?

:cloud9:

(Ain't no better deprecation than self-.)

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Back in my day there were cool people everywhere.  They were named @kav and @ADAMANTIUM!

aww that's sad that the boards only had two cool kids... :eek: named kav and adamantium lol 

giphy.gif

Edited by Krismusic

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:
1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Back in my day there were cool people everywhere.  They were named @kav and @ADAMANTIUM!

aww that's sad that the boards only had two cool kids... :eek: named kav and adamantium lol 

Don't listen to him lol

I'm awful because I like everyone haha