• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boards much more calmer now
5 5

287 posts in this topic

Just now, Crops068 said:
7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's ok we need a designated driver so we don't eat all the chocolate! 

Mmmmm chocolate unicorns

I hear there will be a surprise guest hm with chimichangas!

Here's some advice: if you're offended at being called a "newb" and think you have no obligation to discover the culture of a place before barging your way in...

...you are, and always will be, a newb.

While some want to be victims, the reality is as I said before: you work to fit in, contribute to the place, don't run to mommy and daddy moderation every time your feelz are hurt, and you'll be "part of the gang" in no time.

You think of yourself as a victim, that people disrespect or disdain you because of your post count or join date...you'll always be a newb. You find common cause with the other victims, and you'll be condemned to the "newb crew" that is always complaining about how newbs are treated.

No one has to be a newb.

I wouldnt be offended by being called a newb-unless it was accompanied with condescending insult.

9 minutes ago, COI said:

It's almost as if taking feedback from the environment and examining and modifying one's behavior based on that feedback, allows for better social integration. As opposed to, you know, joining a group, not having your immediate feelings and needs met, and assuming the problem is with the group and not with you.

What's the word for that? Oh yeah, socialization. 

Leave the snowflakes alone.:sumo:

25 minutes ago, kav said:

I wouldnt be offended by being called a newb-unless it was accompanied with condescending insult.

i don't get offended either! what i get tired of the incessant complaining of after treating people like a pia, which they may very well be, they wonder what happened? lol it hurts when i do this :insane: 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

i don't get offended either! what i get tired of the incessant complaining of after treating people like a pia, which they may very well be, they wonder what happened? lol it hurts when i do this :insane: 

Where's that wowithurts guy?  lol Some newer members or low post count members DO get offended when being treated with condescension.  If someone is wrong, there's a way to talk to them without being insulting like that.  Therapists do it all the time.  Thats what some people dont realize. 

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Where's that wowithurts guy?  lol Some newer members or low post count members DO get offended when being treated with condescension.  If someone is wrong, there's a way to talk to them without being insulting like that.  Therapists do it all the time.  Thats what some people dont realize. 

Did you check out the link posted earlier in the thread? Talk about a n00b with a very, very high opinion of themselves lol

Classic car crash.

42 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

We're talking about the same thing that John Glenn did in the Right Stuff,

We're talking about keeping our pants zipped and our wicks dry around here!  :sumo:

Sorry I am always unzipped and in the pool.

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Did you check out the link posted earlier in the thread? Talk about a n00b with a very, very high opinion of themselves lol

Classic car crash.

I'll check it out.  Link will save time.