• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boards much more calmer now
5 5

287 posts in this topic

Back in 2008, it was DiceX who provided a warm welcome for overeager newbs. I was one of them. 

Like an Inquisitor, quite an unexpected post from him, one which evoked fear, surprise and was inflicted with ruthless efficiency.

I just ignored it and continued on being myself.

Then followed a period of being considered by some established boardies as possibly suffering from insanity induced by extreme exposure to bat droppings.

Eventually, though, despite this, I was accepted.

5 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Back in 2008, it was DiceX who provided a warm welcome for overeager newbs. I was one of them. 

Like an Inquisitor, quite an unexpected post from him, one which evoked fear, surprise and was inflicted with ruthless efficiency.

I just ignored it and continued on being myself.

Then followed a period of being considered by some established boardies as possibly suffering from insanity induced by extreme exposure to bat droppings.

Eventually, though, despite this, I was accepted.

I may have received the most heat of any newb.  I did come in goofy, like all new humans entering a new environment.  I do have a strong will and refused to back off, and pretty much had the whole board jumping on me.  Also the mods when i got framed for stuff.  If I called someone a name the mods were quick to act, however others were free to call me doosh nozzle, among other things.  Pointing this out to mods had no effect.  I stuck it out tho.  Many do not.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I may have received the most heat of any newb.  I did come in goofy, like all new humans entering a new environment.  I do have a strong will and refused to back off, and pretty much had the whole board jumping on me.  Also the mods when i got framed for stuff.  If I called someone a name the mods were quick to act, however others were free to call me doosh nozzle, among other things.  Pointing this out to mods had no effect.  I stuck it out tho.  Many do not.

sorry that hazing was tolerated ......

i remember when i first joined, someone asked for a list of key's, i replied try ebay bla bla blah .....

you replied to me i assume, that i had just joined and was already being a smart arse.... lol i immediately apologized....

sometimes a gentle nudge is nice, some don't take the hint or "out" and as @Ken Aldred said off to the loony or conspiracy farm you go...

Oddly enough, there are quite a few newbs who come in with chips on their shoulders, who petulantly demand to be treated with respect, irrespective of their own behavior and attitudes, and think they're perfectly justified in being "offended" when others...rightly...put them in their places.

Some of them wise up, but a lot of these entitled people continue to walk around with chips on their shoulders, thinking they're the victims, despite being here for years, and take their petty shots of revenge every chance they get..despite being guilty of board crimes that would have gotten then shamed out had they done it a decade ago.

No wonder they consider this a "better place" today...the people who would have made them answer for themselves are mostly gone, and the ones that remain don't think it worth the fight.

There is too much going on with some posters that I don't grasp...

It's hard for me not to stick up for people....

But I don't have all the facts, so I'll try to stay out of it (thumbsu

I am doing some shopping right now.  
I already picked up something yesterday that is kind of fun while taking advantage of a sale and eBay bucks... 

16 People were watching something at $500 on eBay.  The seller sent out an offer to interested parties for $400.  I asked if he would do $350 + Shipping and he agreed. :) 

It's not a comic but it is related... 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I am doing some shopping right now.  
I already picked up something yesterday that is kind of fun while taking advantage of a sale and eBay bucks... 

16 People were watching something at $500 on eBay.  The seller sent out an offer to interested parties for $400.  I asked if he would do $350 + Shipping and he agreed. :) 

It's not a comic but it is related... 

:signofftopic:

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Deleted posts. That's a shame. :popcorn:

i donlt know who's drama, but it's sucking me in like a vacuum when none of it's my business, until someone comes outright and say's i'm to blame 

as i said i like everyone, but the paranoia today is off the charts...

neither do i wish to feed or be apart of because it doesn't concern me...