• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old photos of yourselves with comic books, costumes, toys, etc.
11 11

433 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

My mother loaned me an album of old family photos so I could scan them, and these seemed relevant to the thread.

First up, please note the school uniform underneath the costume smock. I call this look "Business Casual Skeletor".

Second pic is my first dog, Tani, but on the couch you can spot MOC Trap Jaw, He-Man, and some assorted Care Bears. Yeah, I played with Care Bears, you gotta problem with that? Don't make me break out the Care Bear Stare on you!

Also, noting the shag rug, the color and patterns of the furniture and curtains, it's worth repeating that the first several years of the 1980's were really still the 1970's.

IMG_2463.JPG

I just spent the past 10 minutes laughing with tears rolling down my face at "Business Casual Skeletor". Best thing I've seen since the Spock kid a few posts back.:roflmao:

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:

I just spent the past 10 minutes laughing with tears rolling down my face at "Business Casual Skeletor". Best thing I've seen since the Spock kid a few posts back.:roflmao:

My work here is done!

On 11/2/2020 at 5:55 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

This is me on my 14th birthday in 1979...my parents surprised me after my baseball game. I was stunned...this had been priced at the outrageous sticker price of $65 at my local comic shop and I never thought they would get it for me!

Greg 14th birthday.jpg

The “new” X-Men comics were becoming hot by 1979 too. I think that was the first time prices started moving on new X-Men back issues. $65.00 would have bought a lot of .35/.40 cent comics in 79’...

Ok then how about old pictures of Greggy looking at old pictures of himselves with comic books, costumes, toys, etc?