• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old photos of yourselves with comic books, costumes, toys, etc.
11 11

433 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Was this taken in an insurance company's office? 

environmental analytical lab.  I was a chemist then I moved into report production.

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A photo a bit earlier with my first car. Launched me on a lifetime of love for the real things. This blossomed into my current passion for vintage motorcycles and vintage cars!

18EEEE33-D871-4751-8CBE-5546E2AAA543.jpeg

Thats pretty awesome Bob, I would have killed for something like that as a kid, great pics :) 

3 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:
10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A photo a bit earlier with my first car. Launched me on a lifetime of love for the real things. This blossomed into my current passion for vintage motorcycles and vintage cars!

18EEEE33-D871-4751-8CBE-5546E2AAA543.jpeg

Thats pretty awesome Bob, I would have killed for something like that as a kid, great pics :) 

Complete with BELL!! :banana: 

16 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

At that time, I was probably an only child. By the time my brother and two sisters came along, money had to get spread out a little more. 

Even though I can no longer actually drive one, I’ve probably owned a dozen vintage pedal cars over the years. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

A few vintage photos I just discovered. 

First was an old Christmas photo with my “haul”. This was probably about a year before I discovered my first comic book. 

5D63E7DB-E158-439A-A42C-AA6D57BA4D95.jpeg

reminds me of the time my neighbor kids played office.  They had everything set up on the sidewalk-each had a desk, a phone, staplers etc.  Everytime I went to do business tho they would put up a sign "I'm on break" lol 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

i had one kinda like that in the early 60's it had two ladders about a yard tall each :cloud9:

That's interesting and probably explains something to me. It was bought at a flea market. The guy had a bunch of real interesting photos. They looked "funny". They were printed on glossy, thin paper but none had any borders. Usually photos like this are one of a kind if original. This was the only one that had a comic pictured so I bought it pretty cheap. My buddy bought a couple of photos with toys in them.

Appears the guy was probably swiping photos from the internet and selling them. Just one more reason that I put a watermark on any I post online.

3 hours ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

Curious!! I own the original vintage print of this same photo... identical down to the faint scratch marks above the comic and to the left!

superman snapshot.jpg

how did you determine the originality?

15 minutes ago, wilbil said:

how did you determine the originality?

Easy, look at his photo. It is obviously an original probably from a photo album. Mine is obviously a fake lifted from the internet. It is cropped and printed not on vintage paper. As Ivan said, it is the same one down to the scratch. Anytime you post anything on the net it is up for grabs. Most of what I post is stuff I don't care. I usually watermark photos but not always to prevent this.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:54 PM, Robot Man said:

My kids when they were little...

lindsay1.jpg

ryan1.jpg

monsters1.jpg

I love these pictures Robot.  Great pictures of your children.   My dad had the same system for all of his vinyl, Marantz amplifier and other components, with cinder blocks and wooden shelves.  That brought back some nice memories.