• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old photos of yourselves with comic books, costumes, toys, etc.
11 11

433 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

@Ivan Ivanstein just realizing it took almost two weeks for that picture to get from Phoenix to San Fran - the mail really is slow right now!

I'll say! I'm still waiting for a bunch of 35mm comic book slides I ordered on eBay 2 months ago!! Shipping is nuts these days. Thanks a million for the Cap shirt pic... it's awesome!

16 hours ago, BMoreLauren said:

These were taken when I was probably around 8/9/10 -- as most of you know I'm a hardcore Archie fan, and have been for 30 years now89601686_10157383923683495_1699422420479246336_n.jpg.cbdbe4785348970e211835b9ba9c0bcd.jpg

89544274_10157383923728495_8797122908120940544_n.jpg

89591333_10157383923783495_5371155159709646848_n.jpg

89609965_10157383923578495_4714056628352057344_n.jpg

I was never a big Archie fan, but since you are:

Who should Archie be with? Betty or Veronica?

3 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I was never a big Archie fan, but since you are:

Who should Archie be with? Betty or Veronica?

I might have written about this in a prior Overstreet, but in case I didn't:

Neither. He should be by himself. Archie, at his core, is too caught up with the impossible dream of being rich and famous at the expense of Betty. Veronica herself is also a jerk for allowing her "best friend" to be manipulated so easily. 

Then again I'm looking at these comics too deeply. :acclaim:

27 minutes ago, BMoreLauren said:

I might have written about this in a prior Overstreet, but in case I didn't:

Neither. He should be by himself. Archie, at his core, is too caught up with the impossible dream of being rich and famous at the expense of Betty. Veronica herself is also a jerk for allowing her "best friend" to be manipulated so easily. 

Then again I'm looking at these comics too deeply. :acclaim:

Ok, I wanted an answer & I got one from an authority on it! 

Veronica always seemed like the OG Mean girl! 

30 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Ok, I wanted an answer & I got one from an authority on it! 

Veronica always seemed like the OG Mean girl! 

She is, but she's my favorite. Her and Jughead would honestly make the most dynamic couple -- in fact, during the Golden Age, she did develop a slight crush on Juggie. Canonically tho Jughead has admittedly had a thing for Betty, and they would also be a cute couple (which they were/are in Riverdale).

2 hours ago, BMoreLauren said:

She is, but she's my favorite. Her and Jughead would honestly make the most dynamic couple -- in fact, during the Golden Age, she did develop a slight crush on Juggie. Canonically tho Jughead has admittedly had a thing for Betty, and they would also be a cute couple (which they were/are in Riverdale).

I thought Juggie only liked Cheesburgers?

The only Archie comics I have are afterlife with Archie. Those were pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

The only Archie comics I have are afterlife with Archie. Those were pretty cool.

Didn’t they make Jughead asexual recently?  A more interesting twist on Jughead would have been to make him go vegan.  

4 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

So throughout the decades Jughead has indicated that he genuinely likes Betty, and would pick her if he was into dating. In 1988 Jughead shares a first kiss with his childhood sweetheart, Joani. He has even shown romantic interest in Ethel through the years, but because Archie Comics have 0 continuity these romantic storylines were usually abandoned quickly. 

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Didn’t they make Jughead asexual recently?  A more interesting twist on Jughead would have been to make him go vegan.  

Yes -- but only in the reboot. Chip Zdarsky was the driving force behind that IIRC, tho I personally look at the Bob Montana canon and reboot are separate universes.