• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old photos of yourselves with comic books, costumes, toys, etc.
11 11

433 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I remember my parents taking me to FAO Schwartz in NYC and I picked the T-Rex up , Lazers AND Dinosaurs ? What Boy wouldn’t be hooked !

They were easily the most bad azz toys on the shelf while they lasted. I was G.I. Joe first , then transformers,  but when dino riders hit I was hooked immediately. So cool. 

8 hours ago, BMoreLauren said:

Thanks! I was very proud of being so young and owning a Life With Archie #2. To quote my dad (who bought the book for me after negotiating with the comic shop) "You're going to destroy this book and I'm going to regret this purchase". It's still in the same condition! 

Nice to see Archie collectors‼️ What is your earliest issue? 

6 hours ago, speedcake said:

They were easily the most bad azz toys on the shelf while they lasted. I was G.I. Joe first , then transformers,  but when dino riders hit I was hooked immediately. So cool. 

I always wanted the Six Finger but never got it.  

19 minutes ago, BMoreLauren said:

Yes and no. Feel free to Venmo me $50 and I'll give you an in depth answer. :whistle:

lol I realize their relationship is much more than my statement. I just seem to remember the stories I read as a kid where Betty always recruited Juggy into her schemes by bribing him with food!
BTW, your Comic Book Men episode is still one of my favorites! (thumbsu

Edited by Jayman
Typo

On 12/19/2020 at 10:20 AM, FoggyNelson said:

That’s nice‼️👍 I hoped you had some of the good ones‼️ If not them all👍😷. Early Peps are so cool

For Archie specifically, I had a Pep 22 that I got off of these boards years ago. I sold it in 2016, and I'd like to get another one next year. 

On 12/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, BMoreLauren said:

These were taken when I was probably around 8/9/10 -- as most of you know I'm a hardcore Archie fan, and have been for 30 years now89601686_10157383923683495_1699422420479246336_n.jpg.cbdbe4785348970e211835b9ba9c0bcd.jpg

Did you take this one as a submission to the Archie Comics newscolumn thing back in the 90's? Just wondering if you were ever featured in an issue — this looks like a lot of the photos they published from that era of kids with their Archie collections spread out all over their rooms. :bigsmile::applause:

On 12/18/2020 at 1:27 PM, BMoreLauren said:

So throughout the decades Jughead has indicated that he genuinely likes Betty, and would pick her if he was into dating. In 1988 Jughead shares a first kiss with his childhood sweetheart, Joani. He has even shown romantic interest in Ethel through the years, but because Archie Comics have 0 continuity these romantic storylines were usually abandoned quickly. 

On 12/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, BMoreLauren said:

She is, but she's my favorite. Her and Jughead would honestly make the most dynamic couple -- in fact, during the Golden Age, she did develop a slight crush on Juggie. Canonically tho Jughead has admittedly had a thing for Betty, and they would also be a cute couple (which they were/are in Riverdale).

Totally agree that Veronica and Jughead make the most interesting couple. I might say they are the only potential "couple" in the classic series that has any kind of long term potential. They have a chemistry — often sparks fly, but a definite chemistry — that I don't really feel any of the other pairings do. There are lots of stories that hint at a thing between them, but I particularly like the issue of Life with Archie where they are almost forced to marry inside an Mayan temple as part of a ritualistic sacrifice. 

As for Betty, I prefer them as friends. There's a great multi-part arc around Jughead #312-317 or so (going form memory here) where Jughead starts to feel pressure to be more normal, so he thinks he needs to chase girls and ends up trying to date Betty. She ends up telling him it's okay for boys and girls to just be friends, and he's like, "oh, thank god" and they just stay best buddies. I liked that one a lot. 

I thought the effort at the beginning of Volume 2 to give Jughead his own love triangle with two girls was misguided. That didn't work for me. But I did like the will they / won't they arch frenemies thing with Trula Twyst. It had a bit of a Moonlighting vibe, where they were constantly sniping but also drawn to each other — kind of like Jughead and Veronica. 

Anyway, don't mean to derail this awesome thread any further! Back to the photos!

Edited by Crimebuster

On 11/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, kav said:
On 11/14/2020 at 6:32 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

6FBE8830-0262-419E-AC6D-A3CB7378F2EE.gif

Expand  

The Grudge (DVD) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Looks like it's time to start mailing the fruitcakes....,