• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Label for Hellboy Box Full of Evil is wrong

11 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Firy16 said:

I didn't say it was "wrong" I just said it was missing the notes saying it was a key characters first appearance. Be helpful not antagonistic.

You did say it was "wrong!"  Look at the title of your thread. Be aware not ignorant.

Ok I will admit about being wrong about "wrong" and I'm sorry about that, but neither of you are helping with the actual issue. Just pointing out that the label can be blank if it wants doesn't change the fact that it is still the first appearance of lobster johnson. (Who appeared in the recent hellboy movie and had an ongoing for over three years)

22 minutes ago, Firy16 said:

Ok I will admit about being wrong about "wrong" and I'm sorry about that, but neither of you are helping with the actual issue. Just pointing out that the label can be blank if it wants doesn't change the fact that it is still the first appearance of lobster johnson. (Who appeared in the recent hellboy movie and had an ongoing for over three years)

Understood.  The are many, many first appearances that do not appear on CGC labels.  There are also changes that are made over time where first appearances are added to the label.  So you may find, for example, slabbed copies of Hulk 271 that say nothing and copes that were slabbed later that say "First comic appearance of Rocket Raccoon."  The importance of the first appearance is typically what causes the change.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, Firy16 said:

I recently submitted Hellboy Box Full of Evil #1, which is the first appearance of Lobster Johnson, and under the label it has nothing written there. Should I just call in to get it reslabbed?

I believe there is a section on this forum where you can send a note to CGC about the "notes" section where you can requested them to add this note to their database so it will appear on this label. I assume they will take your request vet it etc.. then implement it into their database for future labels.

your best bet is to directly contact CGC and talk to a rep there and see what they can do for you if the books havent shipped back to you. 

Edited by Krismusic

5 hours ago, Firy16 said:

Just pointing out that the label can be blank if it wants doesn't change the fact that it is still the first appearance of lobster johnson.

Correct. No matter what is or isn't on the label, the contents of the issue don't change.

In the future, before submitting, you can check the CGC Census to see what the current notes are for an issue. If you want something added, you can send a note with your submission or contact CGC directly and they'll at least look into it.

So cleared up the issue, didn’t look too close when I was reviewing the books, but cgc labeled the book wrong. They labeled it as the second issue and not the first, so it got sent back to be reholstered.