• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting comics signed- Help!

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm getting a comic signed by Todd McFarlane this weekend, and it's the first time I've ever had a comic signed by the creator in person. :eek:

I got a few questions:

1. Window bags? If not, what should I use? Do I bring a top loader?

2. How early should I arrive? I'm up for waiting maybe 1.5 hours at the max.

3. Really any advice is welcome.

Thanks! :)

I would window bag and put them in top loaders, but make sure you pull them all out near the front of the line ahead of time

also make sure the signatures have time to dry

11 hours ago, obiedagod said:

Hello,

I'm getting a comic signed by Todd McFarlane this weekend, and it's the first time I've ever had a comic signed by the creator in person. :eek:

I got a few questions:

1. Window bags? If not, what should I use? Do I bring a top loader?

2. How early should I arrive? I'm up for waiting maybe 1.5 hours at the max.

3. Really any advice is welcome.

Thanks! :)

if your doing CGC SS make sure they rep is there or sometimes with bigger names they have dedicated staff but if your just getting it signed and not for any signature series programs your pretty good with just a window bag and letting it dry and line up early. Todd had tickets handed out to people earlier from his booth for time slots to get stuff signed so might want to pass by his booth first and get some info if your at a show.

I know for Todd he sometimes doesn't allow CGC SS at some of the events he attends I believe he does a private signing at a specific time or location for the CGC SS stuff. 

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

Todd had tickets handed out to people earlier from his booth for time slots to get stuff signed so might want to pass by his booth first and get some info if your at a show.

This event if free, with only one sig per person. Do most people still do tickets for free limited signings?

36 minutes ago, obiedagod said:
2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Todd had tickets handed out to people earlier from his booth for time slots to get stuff signed so might want to pass by his booth first and get some info if your at a show.

This event if free, with only one sig per person. Do most people still do tickets for free limited signings?

IT almost certainly depends on the event.  The advice here is good, BUT it may be more helpful to contact the store/organizer of the event and see what the protocols are.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

IT almost certainly depends on the event.  The advice here is good, BUT it may be more helpful to contact the store/organizer of the event and see what the protocols are.

39 minutes ago, obiedagod said:

exactly what revat said. I depends on the event and whos organizing, etc.. It would be in your best interest to get a hold of the organizer or Todd's people if you can. Sometimes the organizers don't even know exactly so that's why I suggest to go early and visit Todd booth if he has one "assuming he does" and get the info from the "horses mouth" 

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

@obiedagod

How did it work out?

Great! I waited in line for a few hours, but it was worth it. I got my Spawn #1 signed by Todd McFarlane and Tom Orzechowski. And I can now say that I shook Todd McFarlane's hand! Also saw these: 

holy dump.jpg

thumbnail_20191026_133426[1].jpg

thumbnail_20191026_133429[2].jpg

4 hours ago, obiedagod said:

Great! I waited in line for a few hours, but it was worth it. I got my Spawn #1 signed by Todd McFarlane and Tom Orzechowski. And I can now say that I shook Todd McFarlane's hand! Also saw these: 

holy dump.jpg

nice he is a pretty cool guy from my experience meeting him. also nice to hear things worked out well. 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, obiedagod said:

holy dump.jpg

where you get those prints? was he selling them?